Is there easy way to remove park cable from park cable cover?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Among other things I'm going to attempt to tackle this 65 Valiant transmission leak I have tomorrow. I've narrowed it down to the parking cable cover and possibly the parking cable o-ring. As well as the pan gasket. The pan gasket is straightforward. I have the factory 65 Plymouth service manual and have studied again and again the removal of the parking cable from the park cable cover. It's very complicated and not very clear in the illustration. I know you remove the allen head plug. Then I think you push a thing flat screwdriver up to push I spring up to release the cable. I wish it was that easy. The guy providing the parts told me to make sure not to remover the cable cover until the cable is out. Has anyone here figured out a sure way of removing the cable easily and installing it back easily? I don't want this thing to not go into park when I finish it. I must fix this transmission leak, it's dumping fluid just sitting all coming from the park cable area. Possibly even just the park cover gasket but if I had to remove the cable I'm going to replace oring too.

ask RustyRatRod he is very mopar handy andifhe doesn't knowhe will research anduse allhis connections and tell you how , orjust tell you Sorry, he doesn't get stumped much , other wise punch up TSI ON COMPUTER and call them , they will tell you How they invented the tourqueflight for chrysler

-
Back