Is this a factory stripe??

-

Fishyink

Reaction score
If so does anybody know where it is available? I've seen it on a few different cars but have not seen it for sale at the normal places.

Thanks,

Shad

Attachments

• demon stripe.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 565
I had a 73 dart sport . I put that strip on using 2 sizes of pin striping tape . It just takes a little patience . God I wish I still had that car .

Seeing two cars striped identically makes me wonder...Canadian/Mexican?

my demon had the same stripe ....its also a 71 demon like those two ...im voting for ...it is original ....my demon has original paint on it and the one of three cars we know of here ....counting those two in this thread

That type of pinstriping was often dealer installed. Just a way to dress up the cars on the lot and make them look special.

:happy1:
my demon had the same stripe ....its also a 71 demon like those two ...im voting for ...it is original ....my demon has original paint on it and the one of three cars we know of here ....counting those two in this thread
very interesting Rani the plot thickens. i like the look of this stripe

Yes it is original, rare, but original. Could be a spring special stripe? Can't remember. Rani, got any pics of the stripe on your car?

yup ...its fady bcoz someone tried to paint over it gold ......but it can still be seen and most of the car is original paint ....here is the fender tag not sure if one of those codes tells the story

Attachments

• CIMG2411.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 351
  • CIMG2412.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 358
  • CIMG2410.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 351
looks like they have a code!

LL29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

C1E: 225 145HP 1-1BBL 6 CYL
Los Angeles, CA, USA

: Sequence number

E24: 225 cid 1 barrel 6 Cylinder 145hp
D13: 3 Speed Manual Transmission-Floor Shift
GY8: Gold Poly Exterior Color
M1XX: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, White/Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
921: Build Date: September 21
086874: Order number

GY8: Gold Poly Top Color
U: USA Specifications
A46: Moulding Package
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M43: Grille Trim Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)

V6X: Longitudinal Stripes, Black
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black
Y14: Sold Car
END: End of Sales Codes

The stripe codes posted are the same for the traditional Demon stripes on my 72 Demon

V6X = Longitudinal Stripe/Black

V8X = Transverse Stripe/Black

Interesting thread for sure 8)

Yes it is a factory stripe 1971 demon only. It also came with a unique rear stripe. I had a yellow one 318 auto with air years back I may have pictures of the stripes in my picture mess somewhere

I have a similar stripe on my '75 Duster. It however, is a triple stripe, with the middle one being thicker. I'm pretty sure it's original, as the car has most of it's original paint, except the hood. The build sheet & fender tag show K5X. If it's not original, someone let me know. - Dale

Attachments

• 8-13-12-a.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 233
  • P3270003.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 230
-
Back