Is this a good deal for a wiring harness?

-
I use the Year One harness' They are M&H who makes them. Good quality and the customer service ( M&H) is very good, have answered all questions

I have their under hood harness on my 67 Barracuda, I ordered it with the pigtails for electronic ignition, fit perfect and looks factory!!

You probably know better than the salesman.
Its for a '73 and yours is a 76
Does your '76 look like a '73? Are the bulkhead connectors even the same?
If so, Are the connections on the other side in the same cavities?
We were just discussing this a few days ago.
Duster fusible link wiring problem

You probably know better than the salesman.
Its for a '73 and yours is a 76
Does your '76 look like a '73? Are the bulkhead connectors even the same?
If so, Are the connections on the other side in the same cavities?
We were just discussing this a few days ago.
Duster fusible link wiring problem
They didn’t have any for a 76, but my engine is a 73 340, so I figured it would work.

The engine really doesn’t matter when it comes to the harness. You need to make sure the bulkhead is the same and all the plugs/connections.

The engine really doesn’t matter when it comes to the harness. You need to make sure the bulkhead is the same and all the plugs/connections.
Exactly.
so I figured it would work.
30 years ago when I started in this, I used to think like that.
So what I'm going to write next may come across as harsh, but its not meant that way.
You need to print a copy of the Chrysler wiring diagram from the shop manual. And then to be sure, compare the wiring to your cars.
I won't do the first for you and can't do the second for you.
It is work, but its not as hard as it seems.
I've already done a 'typical' main circuit and what your '76 main circuit may look like.
1 ->You need to verify that because its a slightly different and arguably better strategy.
2a ->Then you need to find the short.
2b -> Deciding on whether the '73 harness will work on your '76 will become a lot easier.

Last edited:
-
Back