Is this car worth anything?

-

khuebner250

Reaction score
Need a little help please.

1969 Dodge Dart VIN# LH23P9B381875
Car's been sitting for a long time has 318 in it, but owner says he has the original block. Car is beige with no gt or gts badges or stripes. Double bulge hood says 340, car is fairly straight, no major damage. Is the car a real 340, 4 speed car, with an 8 3/4? The car has torque boxes underneath it. Black bench interior that needs new covers. Car is all there. I can't decode the full vin, but if it has torque boxes then it should be a true 340 car. What do you think it's worth, anything?

Thanks,
Keith

Vehicle Identification Number: LH23P9B381875
Vehicle Model: Dart
Vehicle Class: High Price Class (Dart Custom, Coronet 440)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 340 CID/275 HP 4 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1969
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 381875

Tell'em $50. Ha ha ha ha. Hell, Why not, I've gotten lots of cars that way.

Seriously, does he have a clue? Try to low ball him and work up a little.

nice find.
hope you get it bought reasonable.
good luck

Yep, then be happy happy joy joy :color: :thumblef:

Where are we getting the #s from? If you can, check the fender tag or broadcast sheet. Are we sure about the LH? I think it might be LM. Or, could the P9 really say B9 or F9? Never heard of a LH with a 340. The only way to get a 340 was with a LM or LS. Think it might be an LM by the torque boxes. Check the #s and let us know. Hey, it's a Mopar, of course you should buy it! Good luck.

I wrote the numbers down yesterday. It might be LM it was hard to read with the dust and glare. Im pretty sure it didn't say LS. In the vin # there is a P9. It also didn't have any stripes or badges that said gt or gts. I'll try and go back and get some pics and reconfirm the VIN. I'll look for the fender tag as well.

Another ?. If this guy does produce a block, how do I tell it is the numbers matching motor?

Sometimes the #s are kinda hard to read. The V.I.N. on the dash usually has a has a dead bee covering part of it. Fender tags have thick paint, rust, or dents that make it hard to tell what they say.
Car could have been painted and not had stripe put back on if it's a Swinger 340 (LM). Don't think you could get a stripe delete LM. You could get a GTS (LS) stripe delete. Check the #s and we'll see. Fender tag will have engine code also.

#s stamped on panrail pad should match the V.I.N. except that the LM23 will be missing and I think the B and 9 will be transposed. There will be some #s on the side of the block and front below the head on driver side. Get all the info you can.

-
Back