is this crazy or what??????? lol????????

-
pretty sure if you were to rent a uhaul local and drvie it both ways they get you on mileage. pretty sure when it is a local rental mileage is not unlimited...just checked, web site said $19.95 a day, + mileage

yea, and 60 cents a mile. that would be a combined mileage of 2400, so it would be over 1,200.0 dollars before gas

they dont charge mileage on a tow dolly if you return it where you rented it from, how can they it doesnt have an odometer its a trailer

I've rented U-Haul trailers lots of times. Have traveled 400-500 miles round trip and was never charged more than the daily rate. Never kept it for more than 2 days, though.

you could start a new thread, post your rout and see who would be along the way I am sure you will find many members here willing to help you out if you run into any trouble

I Agree.

".......Son, a Russian don't take a dump without a plan......."
Hunt For Red October:salut:

road trip sounds great myself and a buddy drove 12 hrs each way to trade my not running 383 mopar for a running 341 desoto hemi for my street rod and cam home with the hemi 2 rears and a posi unit for one of the rears well worth the trip and had a great time lol

**************update***********************************

Well, I Jst Got Back From U-haul. I Picked Up A Towdolly, And Will Be Leaving Here At 5:00 Am, To Be In Osceola Ne By Noon On Saturday.
I Am Taking The Trip Solo, Cause Everyone I Know Says I Am Nuts, But Oh Well, Wish Me Luck

You have a laptop to hit those WiFi spots while you're chewing down a Wendy's burger?

Good luck, and hope to hear from you soon.. and don't forget to take pics!

Grant

I Went Out And Bought A Truck Just For The Occasion,lol

My luck the truck would break down. LOL but It would not stop me. Drove my 73 cuda from TX to Mich in 82. it had been sitting for 3 years and I paid 600$ for it put a alternator on it and gas and go. Made it in 22hrs it was 1200 miles. Wish i still had that car lots of good memories.

You have a laptop to hit those WiFi spots while you're chewing down a Wendy's burger?

Good luck, and hope to hear from you soon.. and don't forget to take pics!

Grant

NAH, SORRY, NO COMPUTER FOR THE ROAD. ILL BE SLEEPING IN THE TRUCK ANYWAY.LOL. A MOTEL IS not in my mopar budget. lmfao

Wish I had pics of my trip.. Rear seat and trunk panel folded down. Loaded right up to the back of the front seats. Two pillows and a comforter on the passenger seat. Crappy, sporadic AM radio, no watch to tell time.. Had moved to the west coast. Drove Highway #1 right to the ocean so I could dip my feet into it. No map either, figured if I kept going west I couldn't miss the Pacific :) Actually ended up at the ferry terminal, then realized I couldn't easily back out lol.

Grant

lol. you guys are nuttz just like ME!!!!!!!

Wish I had pics of my trip.. Rear seat and trunk panel folded down. Loaded right up to the back of the front seats. Two pillows and a comforter on the passenger seat. Crappy, sporadic AM radio, no watch to tell time.. Had moved to the west coast. Drove Highway #1 right to the ocean so I could dip my feet into it. No map either, figured if I kept going west I couldn't miss the Pacific :) Actually ended up at the ferry terminal, then realized I couldn't easily back out lol.

Grant

where on hwy 1 were u? i was born in Los Osos, near san luis obispo. used to drive one as often as i could!!

Good luck, lots of pics and take a couple cans of that tire inflator foam sh*t, just in case you get flats. I had to do that once when I rented a U-haul car hauler. Me and my young lad went to Indianna and then up to PA and picked up a barracuda ragtop. Tire on the trailer went flat and the local dodge dealership wouldnt help!! F'rs It was Sunday and service dept wasnt open. Went to Auto zone, filled it up and crossed my fingers. Had the trailer from Saturday morning, returned it Tuesday morning and he only charged me one day rental!! Pity the poor prick that has to change that tire!! Good thing he didnt have the odometers on the hubs. I figured about 2500 miles in 3 days and 8 hours sleep!! It got to the point where we stopped at every truck stop for coffee instead of gas. My young lad was so hopped on cafeine but I didnt care, he was keeping me awake!! One trip that me and the young lad will never forget!!

Dont know if its been mentioned, but if you are going to tow it for any distance, you should disconnect the drive shaft if its an automatic.

-
Back