Is this cuda in sassy grass green?

-

MoparGuy1970

Reaction score
Hey folks I'm going to paint my 73 duster the color of this cuda as close as possible, and wondered if this is sassy grass green or lime light?

1970-plymouth-cuda-aar-4401.png

i would call that FJ5 lime light

FJ5 lime light has more tint of yellow like this cuda but FJ6 Sassy Grass is more green and not quite as bright

Unless the lighting is screwing with my eyes it looks much more like the first Cuda I posted.

The AARs say CUDA on the tail panel & BARRACUDA on the dash pad. I would say sassy.

If the car is REALLY painted original color, it should be sublime/lime light green FJ5

Sassy Grass was the 1971 color.

If the car is REALLY painted original color, it's sublime green FJ5

Sassy Grass was the 1971 color.

you could get sassy grass after march of 70 so it was possible for a 70 to be painted in sassy grass. It was introduced mid-year as a special spring color at the same time FM3 panther pink came available.

Although quite rare, in general sassy grass is far more common in 71.

I had a 70Swinger in Moulin Rouge.I think in the Dodge line it was called PantherPink;same code.
Got it in grade 10. Yeah I took a lot of ribbing.Until they couldn't get past my tail lights! Hah!, Longest three years of my life. Couldn't wait to get outta highschool.
Man, if I just had it today in the shape I bought it in..........

The upper car (71 Cuda) is an Austrian Car and no good reference for the color, because it was painted some years ago and wore originally I think gold - inbetween it was in-violet....and the picture is heavily photoshopped also.
As I remember the 'original' high impact colors were never so bright as it looks in some newer pictures.
The AAR Cuda above looks right (and not so shiny...)

The difference of basecoat/clear coat..against original style single stage enamel is what you posted.Yes,there is a big difference.O. p's picture,definetly base clear coat. Those "duller shine,but brighter hue " pictures,are a dead match to my FJ5 lacquer and single stage acrylic enamel...So essentially,you're both right...

Last edited:
-
Back