Is this for real?

• I believe it's true.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • No freaking way.

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
You can throw a stone at enough of an angle at the surface of water to make it skip, and it will continue to skip as long as there is enough momentum. That is a fact.
A hydroplane will rise completely out of the water once it reaches a certain speed.
A bullet will bounce off water at the right angle. And there are lizards who can indeed do just as the guys in the video are doing albeit for short distances...again just like the guys in the video. This is because at a certain speed liquids act like solids. There are even liquids that virtually become a solid when stress is placed on them. They are called non-newtonian fluids....

read... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Newtonian_fluid

Why is it that when there's something outside of the intelligence capability of an individual to comprehend are they so quick to call bullshit, and on the same note, why would one of the same individuals buy the outright bullshit they are fed on the news almost daily with no proof to back it up...nothing so much as even a video clip?

Broaden your horizons and open your mind...it's for your security. That's definitely not a joke.

You may be right given that they run at an angle and not full on.
The difficulty would be that a stone is usually flat to skip with the weight being distributed over a wide surface whereas ours is basically all at our feet.
I'll have to try it and look like a complete moron.
And good point...don't belive what you hear on tv-right or left
watch Newswipe on BBC4 lift the lid on how the news is skewed.

Nice shoe commercial. Total BS, but nice commercial.

Yup, if you look around online a bit, this was a shoe commercial done in documentary style for Hi-Tec Shoes. Notice the Hi-Tec logos on hats, jackets, t-shirts, and shoes. What really scares me is that 1/3 of the people who responded to this poll actually believed it was real - LOL.

I think they have seen "REMO WILLIAMS, THE ADVENTURE BEGINS", to many times. That old Korean guy could go a lot farther than them though.

Jack

You can throw a stone at enough of an angle at the surface of water to make it skip, and it will continue to skip as long as there is enough momentum. That is a fact.
A hydroplane will rise completely out of the water once it reaches a certain speed.
A bullet will bounce off water at the right angle. And there are lizards who can indeed do just as the guys in the video are doing albeit for short distances...again just like the guys in the video. This is because at a certain speed liquids act like solids. There are even liquids that virtually become a solid when stress is placed on them. They are called non-newtonian fluids....

Why is it that when there's something outside of the intelligence capability of an individual to comprehend are they so quick to call bullshit, and on the same note, why would one of the same individuals buy the outright bullshit they are fed on the news almost daily with no proof to back it up...nothing so much as even a video clip?

Broaden your horizons and open your mind...it's for your security. That's definitely not a joke.

Stones skip on water because they are spinning, have a large flat surface area, are moving at a high rate of speed relative to that surface area, and do not break the surface tension of the water. Lizards can do it because they have webbed feet, and weight so little that they also do not break the surface tension of the water. A bullet is so fast, that it will ricochet off of anything if the proper angle is achieved. A humans feet do not have enough surface area to keep you on top of the water at human achievable speeds.

If you believe they are actually doing it, I have a bridge for sale - lol

I say that is horseshit....Not possible...I hate seeing this dumbshit do tricks...same with that david blair dude, or whatever the hell his name is...back to working on my car now....

I think the answer lies in the last 20 seconds or so of the video.

Directly in front of the runner , there are ripples in a straight line, like the edge of something, bobbing up and down......they cut right as he gets to the end of it, which is where he would fall in.

Cleverly done video, but BS.

Look - I hope no one believes that anything like this is remotely possible - this is a funny video that is well done with the exception of the platform shaking under water as I mentioned earlier ......... and that could be fixed with a little tweaking with some CGI software. But if you look close in one scene .... I see the ghost of bigfoot in a flying saucer shaped like the Loch Ness monster . Give me a break.

Ever see the movie Bruce Almighty? They walk on water in that movie and their is clearly glass under them, these guys must have seen this movie.

Evan, did you mean that there was clear glass or clearly glass under them. I'm not quite clear on your Explanation . I am clearly confused:-D:-D:-D

what about this one?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QHslHpK4-Q"]YouTube- Bruce Lee plays ping pong with nunchuck.flv[/ame]

It is Bruce Lee!! It has to be. It says so in the Title? How could youtube post ficticious videos?

I thought that there might be the slightest possibility. Now I feel like a dumbass the same as when I gave a junkie with a bad American accent cash, except then I was jetlagged!

I would like to think, NO ONE IS SO GULLABLE AS TO BELIEVE THIS CRAP!!!!! But by the replies, I'm wrong.

In my opinion, here is simple proof that its not real.

Did you ever watch a large Iron-Man competition? There are hundreds of highly trained athletes, running full speed into the water. They are not doing it for fun, they are doing it for competition. They are running at full speed. They are wearing all types of waterproof footwear. There are many such races going on all over the world, on a regular basis. Yet in all the Iron-Man races, no one has ever discovered this amazing feat, either as a participant, an observer, or a news team.

There are millions of people running into the water at thousands of beaches all over the world, and they have been doing so since before recorded history began. Some wear footwear, some dont. Some run as fast as they can. Some run straight in, some run at angles. Yet, with all the people doing, watching, and recording, no one has ever seen this seemingly simple feat be performed.

Why?

Because it cant be done.

I rest my case, your honor.

In my opinion, here is simple proof that its not real.

Did you ever watch a large Iron-Man competition? There are hundreds of highly trained athletes, running full speed into the water. They are not doing it for fun, they are doing it for competition. They are running at full speed. They are wearing all types of waterproof footwear. There are many such races going on all over the world, on a regular basis. Yet in all the Iron-Man races, no one has ever discovered this amazing feat, either as a participant, an observer, or a news team.

There are millions of people running into the water at thousands of beaches all over the world, and they have been doing so since before recorded history began. Some wear footwear, some dont. Some run as fast as they can. Some run straight in, some run at angles. Yet, with all the people doing, watching, and recording, no one has ever seen this seemingly simple feat be performed.

Why?

Because it cant be done.

I rest my case, your honor.

I here that. If it was as easy as they make it look in the vid, every one would be doing it.

LMAO!!!! IF ONLY WE WERE ALL SO ENLIGHTENED!!!:thebirdm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GauWyL5FTKw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Faith (Live Woodstock '99) - Limp Bizkit[/ame]

Also, if you notice, they fall in the same spot everytime, about 10 steps out. There is definitely something under the water, I have seen a video where the guy laid a carpet down and ran across it.\ for a world record or something ?????

I noticed the same thing!

Bunch of guys looking to get famous...

-
Back