Is this motor worth anything?

-
Sweet, that is what I was hoping to hear. im going to pull the motor trans rearend and transfer case. try and sell what wont fit and scrap the rest. all im out is the 2 hrs it took to load it up and take it home. If I was ambitious enough to tackle that TBI, any suggestions for quick power adders? Thank you Guys. I want to do this on my low budget of a college student.

No suck thing as power adders for dodge TBI. Throw a 4 barrel on it or aftermarket Efi if you must have injection.

I got a 90's 318 TBI roller cam motor in my Mazda pickup

I got a 90's 360 roller cam motor w/ carburetor, GM HEI in my 64 Signet

Both run better than many expected and are strong runners and no problems to date what so ever...

Great score!
I would take the engine and transmission whole with all accessories still installed, sell a few odds and ends to the people here that want it (for cheap), and then put it on craigslist the other little bits that are left for cheap.
Then the rest goes to the scrap yard.
The radiator and battery is worth more in scrap seporately than the rest of the truck.
The money you make will add to your project nicely.

Hotlines,

That is some amazing work. To help the OP, where did you install the Mopar engine controller in the Mazda (where you keep the factory FI), and how many wires to the vehicle did you need to connect to get it working (+12 V, gnd, IGN "run" at least)? I expect the OP's earlier TBI motor would be at least as simple.

Why did you decide to not use the MPFI intake in your Signet? Are those store-bought headers? They look fantastic with that coating. Amazing pulley work. Did you custom-design or buy a kit? Would the serpentine belt setup have taken more room? I used a later alum water pump in my 65 273 and have about the same distance to the radiator (~72 model). Enough for a nylon fan, but not a factory fan/clutch.

You mentioned a transfer case (but have it described as a D100) Is it a 4x4? Just curious because D100 would be a 2WD half ton and W100 would be a 4WD half ton on full size dodge trucks

If its a 4x4, it wouldn't happen to be a 5-speed would it?

-
Back