Is this weird? 4 speed car has auto linkage

-
1970 was the first year for ignition switches on the column and everything got this interlock, even console shifted automatics. They had similar linkage to ensure you were in park before you could get the key out.

Its all apart and in a box somewhere now as the car is stripped for restoration. The linkage bolts to the frame rail. I'll probably not reinstall it but keep it in case the next owner has to have it.
There's a pivot bolted to the bellhousing for the opposite end of the countershaft. That's really all I need to see, if you have it.

There's a pivot bolted to the bellhousing for the opposite end of the countershaft. That's really all I need to see, if you have it.
I'll look at the bell housing but I don't believe there is a pivot there....at least I didn't have to disconnect one. Does the factory drawing show one?

Yes, but it's a generic drawing for, I believe, a B-body. The A-body parts are different.

I appreciate your help.

I always thought that the '70 only interlock garbage was stupid.
I would never install it back on the car if I had one.

Here is a pic. Perhaps that bolt is the pivot? It looks like whatever it was holding on was cut.

IMG_1778.jpg

-
Back