is this worth $2000 update with pics

-

ike61

Reaction score
a friend of mine is selling his 69 dart project. He wants $2000 for it. what do you think? the good: 4-speed with new clutch and pressure plate, 8.75 sure grip, bucket seats, rebuilt 360(supposedly), small bolt ralleys, "340 four barrel" hood, good glass, and doors the bad: it needs: pass. side quarter, both inner fenders, steering column, pass side fender, wiring is hacked up under dash and under hood, small patch in trunk floor, four speed hump, and some floor work, radiator, v-8 k-frame(original slant 6 one has been hacked up also), head light bezels. Well??????

If you bought it, it would need a lot to fix it up, up side you could part it out and get what you pay for it out.

Sounds like a project for sure, but you also named off at least $2K in parts there that come with the car. Pics would help.

Sounds like a project for sure, but you also named off at least $2K in parts there that come with the car. Pics would help.

sounds like its well worthwhile if it is what it is.
payed 600 for my 8 3/4 sure grip
about 250 for a used beat up 4 speed
i actually got my buckets for free but they are costly! id guess 200 for poor condition buckets.
rally wheels are worth a few bucks depending the condition of everything.

thats all not factoring in the car. If its got some other use-able stuff it sounds great to me but, maybe thats a lot of money in your area. around here things are expensive.

If it was a factory 340 Dart (swinger/GT), I would say worth it.
For a low line model I would say not worth it
If you just gotta have a 69 Dart, and can do all the welding yourself, its borderline deal.
just my opinion.

sound like a major project you will get sick of before you get it running.
buy one running.
have some fun.

sound like a major project you will get sick of before you get it running.
buy one running.
have some fun.
sounds to be in better shape than my car, and i dont think mine is a major project. that is an opinion that is subjective. a cam swap could be a major project to some and i call it a fun afternoon.where others would call a full body off resto just another day at work. and i would call it a major project.

so therefor, its hard to say weather he would get bored or not.

Mine is a major project,easily needs as much or more. I doubt I could get $2000 for it without it running. IMHO the car isnt worth $2000 unless he sells the parts off. And if you buy it for $2000 your not going to make much money if you have to resell. I'd offer $1500.

Without GOOD pics, or without the car in front of me, I will pass. Post some GOOD pics if you want GOOD advice.

lemme see here, its an A Body a classic in our rights, we think they are all worth saving and that particular vehicle has tons of parts and you are going to pay 2000 or less, what could you buy for 2000 that you would be happy with.

How could any of our cars be worth money if 2000 isn't a starting point, try finding a 69 camaro or mustang for 2000 in any shape even a chevelle... do ya see the picture yet? actually you can find a 69 camaro for 2000 but probably just the frame, no body no 4 speed, no glass, no nothing. What a hobby we have where we are happy as long as costs are minimum

Madden.....you been sniffin paint again? lol

man I would jump on it for 2000. Assumong there is minimal rust. The seats that ame in my car were so reashed, that if you touched the 35 year old meterial it just turned to dust. My seals are the same way. Brittle is an understatement. That one is in way better shape than mine that's for sure.

There's nothin wrong with tryin to negotiate. Times are tough. Nothin wrong with tryin to get it cheaper.

Scamp, if they don't think is one thing but if they don't think our A Body hobby is worth anything then it will always remain low on the totem pole so to speak.

When was the last time you saw any 1969 chevelle, mustang or camaro in that condition with an asking price of $2000?

I got a lot of money into my 64 Signet and even if I had double in it I'd still be happy

-
Back