Isky 264 cam

-

Reaction score
Anyone have every use one of these
264 .450 108 isky cam. I was given one never used, it seems like it's a mild cam even with the 108 lsa. Plan on using it in my first engine for my cuda, low mileage 85 318/904 gonna just regasket, port heads, performer intake with a 650 edelbrock and stock 273 manifolds and duals with stock converter and shift kit not sure which rear gears but probably 3.55-3.91's.

I had the next one up 270 .465 in a 318 with 4bbl, headers, 3.55s, stock converter. It ran 14 flat at 101 babied it out of the hole. Awsome cam.

That's good to hear
At 1st I was a little worried about the 108 but then realized it's only got 48 degrees of overlap. Can't wait :)

48*overlap is plenty.But it is probably a single pattern cam. Installed at a 108ICL, the ICA will be just 60*, so your Scr will have to be matched to it. The 108 cam will want to be reved to make it's power but the 050 numbers will likely be better suited to manufacturing torque at the bottom-end.This is a good cam for a stick-car
The Wallace calculator spits out 8.2Dcr @ 164psi on 10.0 Scr, so you are looking at about 62cc total chamber volume. Headers are a must to get the most of those 48 degrees of overlap.At 8.2 she will likely want more than 87 when you get on it. So if 87 is on the table, then dropping the Scr to 9.8, to 9.5 is a good idea. If your Scr is down at 8.5, this cam in a 273,will need some help to get going. At 8.5, the Dcr comes in at 7.0/133psi.

The 360 2bbl factory cam has the same 60* ICA but only about half the overlap. I think the specs are 252*/114*, .410 lift. I cannot recall the exhaust side, except to say it was a dual pattern cam with maybe .412 lift. If I had to guess , I would say 260*. At 260, the overlap would be 28*
This cam will make a ton of torque, through large outlet manifolds, and will have a very wide mellow powerband that will not have to be reved. Obviously power will be down. It's a good cam for an automatic.

I guess we'll see how it performs, if it doesn't work out at least it will give me a starting position to see which way I want to go.

I probably mill the heads a bit to bring up the CR, if I was to rering it is I'd mill the block also.

Isky Megacam is a chevy master for a .842 lifter- why give up your mopar advantage
also
isky rates the advertised duration at somewhere around .009 instead of comp .006 (or crane .004) so it's bigger that it looks
that said they wear well, not radical accelerations
you are better off finding a cam ground on a .904 design makes about 10 degrees difference in the duration required to give a given lift- much fatter under the curve

In addition you cannot compare MOPAR durations or overlaps with anything else
They are consistent between OEM and Mopar Performance
If anyone is interested in how MOPAR determines durations I could post it up
I was a service manager in the 70's

Isky Megacam is a chevy master for a .842 lifter- why give up your mopar advantage
also
isky rates the advertised duration at somewhere around .009 instead of comp .006 (or crane .004) so it's bigger that it looks
you are better off finding a cam ground on a .904 design makes about 10 degrees difference in the duration required to give a given lift- much fatter under the curve

I get what your saying but it's free so I'll give her a shot can always swap down the road.
Gives me a reference place to see which way I want to go.

I also think Isky cams feel bigger than you would think. But my only experience is with solid lifters. 340 cams were 268 duration on intake. Should be nice in a 318.

I also think Isky cams feel bigger than you would think. But my only experience is with solid lifters. 340 cams were 268 duration on intake. Should be nice in a 318.
Those Isky cams are reliable - round and round guys can put them in and run all season- they are reliable because the intensity is not high- they are easy on the valve train- this can be a good thing-If you have a choice go one size smaller MEGACAM than a comp for the same low end- not a cam line to buy the bottom one in the catalog
that 310 is HUGE for a Hyd
let us know how it works out

also

Because not everyone needs the fastest ramped lobe there is. Guys get all bent up about how fast the ramps are, until they use a cam with fast lobes. Then they ***** because it isnt dead stock quiet.

That cam will work well for what you are doing. Even if it was designed for an .842 lifter.

My cousin did buy it for his stock car but never used it. It needs lifters I'm gonna try a set of Rhodes V max.

Because not everyone needs the fastest ramped lobe there is. Guys get all bent up about how fast the ramps are, until they use a cam with fast lobes. Then they ***** because it isnt dead stock quiet.

That cam will work well for what you are doing. Even if it was designed for an .842 lifter.
Fastest ramp has nothing to do with it
The larger lifter can allow you to use less radical a lobe and have the same profile above say .050
you can use the bigger lifter for more performance or more reliability or some combination
using chevy profiles hurt MOPAR performance

-
Back