isnt this a guy on the forum

-
Ok Smart A$$....Now I'm going to have to make you cry.

before the green '73 was sold, Denny helped HemiMark engineer his car.

The green 472 and orange 528 cars are gone but not forgotten.

Think before you sell (both of you).

Brother John...... Thank you for the swift kick in the ballsack..... :wink:

think before you sell????... I kinda like my new one

I could bring that baby back to it's ol self...and better...in no time

Passon 5 speed
new gen K frame w/wheels tucked in/ wilwoods discs
'72 style buckets
....and A/C

yes indeed....... in addition to the above upgrades, I think my next one is going to be Hilborn injected..... EFI of course.

I like (liked) them all. I wonder where the black one is?

I just check in on the Black Demon......... the lines were to sharp so I ask him (Todd the body man) to knock them down. Very nice...

Denny, I talked to Mark and said "no problem" to put in the 4 speed hump. Can you get it over to Mark for me?

The green 472 and orange 528 cars are gone but not forgotten.

scan0055.jpg

The orange car isn't really gone. I see almost every weekend. New owner loves it a drives it alot. And it looks almost exactly as the photo above (except with a hood).

Space formerly occupied by Mark's 528 Hemi Duster........Sooo Sad.

attachment.php
Ouch...That has to hurt Mark :D

There are far too many people involved with the cars who know NOTHING about them.
To them, it's nothing more/nothing less than a tradeable commodity.
But it, keep it a couple months, find another commodity broker willing to pay $1,000.00 more than you have in it, and down the road she goes.
For a couple more months.
And the cycle repeats itself.
For others, it's a ego trip to be able to say "I used to own (fill in the blank), but I sold it".
Wonder how we might go about getting legislation passed making it illegal for rich, non car people to 'dabble' in the hobby?

no offence, but i liked it better dark green. i think it would have been cool to have widened 14s with the factory wheelcovers and maybe wider tires with whitewalls added, that would've made a helluva sleeper ("Q-SHIP" plates)

Weeb always wanted to put the skinny whitewalls back on it and put our
fiesty Aunt Polly (R.I.P.) in it and sent her to the dealer (she would have done it).

"Young man.....YOUNG MAN!"......Could you please check my car?

Something happened to the engine and I gave my nephew quite
a bit of money to fix it.

Now it runs rough and gets very poor gas mileage".

I would love to have seen their expressions when they opened the hood!

fiesty Aunt Polly (R.I.P.) in it and sent her to the dealer (she would have done it).

Now that would have been funny.......

:D To be a fly on the wall if she did it.

There are far too many people involved with the cars who know NOTHING about them.
To them, it's nothing more/nothing less than a tradeable commodity.
But it, keep it a couple months, find another commodity broker willing to pay $1,000.00 more than you have in it, and down the road she goes.
For a couple more months.
And the cycle repeats itself.
For others, it's a ego trip to be able to say "I used to own (fill in the blank), but I sold it".
Wonder how we might go about getting legislation passed making it illegal for rich, non car people to 'dabble' in the hobby?

What an honor .... Greg Rager on our forum. Sweet!

What an honor .... Greg Rager on our forum.

A qualified expert on all things musclecar and especially Mopars.

Many times Concours Judge at the Mopar Nationals and other major venues.

Former editor of Mopar Muscle, Musclecar Review and Mopar Enthusiast.
Author and contributor of many books. Flew with Don Yenko in his plane
the day before Don crashed it and died.

Good friend, daily email buddy and sometime's Florida drinking companion.
Dealership mechanic in the 60's that bought a dark green '69 GTX 4-speed
brand new and still has it, with super low miles.

From Greg:

Ragerarticle.jpg

Did you ever find out where your black duster is now?
I know Greg Rager he is in our car club down here in Tampa the "Brat Pack".
We help put on Garlits and the Southern Mopar Nats and many other shows.

No doubt about that in my little mind!!!

Dan, thanks for reviving this thread..... It reminds me of when I met Denny....... I had seen his green car in a magazine and got just enough info to track him down..... I called and said I would love to put a hemi in my duster...... he scolded me and said he has had 100 calls from people that wanted to put a hemi in there A body and if you really want to do it come to Findlay and look at the car......much to his surprise, I showed up that week and we became fast friends....... That green 73 was my inspiration for sure and it also got me a lasting friendship with Denny, Brother John and Weeb.......

And yes Brother John...... I should have kept that Duster.... The best hotrod I have ever owned.

Dan, thanks for reviving this thread..... It reminds me of when I met Denny....... I had seen his green car in a magazine and got just enough info to track him down..... I called and said I would love to put a hemi in my duster...... he scolded me and said he has had 100 calls from people that wanted to put a hemi in there A body and if you really want to do it come to Findlay and look at the car......much to his surprise, I showed up that week and we became fast friends....... That green 73 was my inspiration for sure and it also got me a lasting friendship with Denny, Brother John and Weeb.......

And yes Brother John...... I should have kept that Duster.... The best hotrod I have ever owned.
Loved that Duster!! Have heard that story a couple times about u showin up at Denny's front door!! I can just imagine what he was thinkin........ who is this guy? Does he really think
I'm gonna help him put a Hemi in his car!!! Well, one never knows what can happen!! But it's been great over the years gettin to know u & your buddies! Merry Christmas to all & A Happy & Healthy New Year Hoosh

So Denny do u still have the silver duster or is that one as they say "gone to the winds"... BTW I forget who made the comment but 14" wide steelies look bitching but 15" wide looks even better just go look at my build thread "The Pheonix"

-
Back