ISO 1969 Dart column wiring diagram

-

DocHolliday1995

Reaction score
I need some help with what the wires go to that come out of the steering column. It’s an auto, column shift. I found the diagrams on mymopar.com but I can’t seem to make sense of them. If any one can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Look at the factory diagrams at the same site, you need to download the factory shop manual, and go to section 8. CAVEAT!!!! There is a mistake through some of those years, the horn and start wires are interposed at the bulkhead connector

For example, page 8-133 (349) of the 69 Valiant manual

wiring1.jpg

So in the above crop, look at pin 7, white at the TS switch

Now look around until you find the mating connector, which is on the page above it in the manual.

wiring2.jpg

So in the above diagram, if you follow the wires hooked to pin 7, you'll see that one of them leads over to the brake light switch. Therefore, the white wire at pin 7 is the switched brake light power coming TO the switch.

ORG (orange) is the shift quadrant lamp. ALL dash dimmer controlled lamps are always orange I think what looks like a jumper from pin 5 to 8 is a mistake. The black, pin 4, is the horn button switch

I'm not going to look all these up. You can read. What you have in and out of the switch:

IN
1...Switched brake light power
2....Power coming in from the turn flasher, which is hot with the key "on."
3....Hazard power is a "trick." It is a special switch, with 4 terminals. None are connected when "off" and all 4 are connected when "on." When on, hazard flasher power is jumpered to both left and right front signal lines, and the brake light input, which then gives hazard flasher power to both rear lamps, with the TS switch centered

OUT

1....left front turn
2....Right front turn
3.....left rear turn and stop
4.....right rear turn and stop

Last edited:
-
Back