It does exist!

-

dragbaron

Reaction score
Went looking for the mythical early Magnum 5.2 fuel rail with the built-in pressure regulator. There was one '92 V8 Dakota at the Wrench-a-part in Lubbock Texas today, and low and behold, there it was!

11mbwk5.jpg

Never seen one before, of course I never really looked until magnummopar mentioned there existence. Now I just have to redo my fuel lines to use it.

Glad you found one, I have the supply side fittings but with the return cut, you will have to remove the band clamp and see if its a barb or FI 5/16 clip lock. If its clip lock, I have that too. We have fuel line kits for $150 that are all USA made fittings, Russel in bulk so no packaging. The kit includes fittings from tank to rail. I would need to know which tank or sender you are using. We stock all black fittings and hose but can get red/blue in a few days. Uses common USA made FI filter thats easily found at parts store for $15-$20 when you need a replacement. Should have kits up on web site within a day or so. Call if you need one quicker or have questions. Evan

Now if only someone stumbles across a 1.88" 5.9 magnum head....

Well that might be OK, but if it's so rare, what will you do if that one fails?

PN#23020P $61.99 at Oreillys. Looks a lot like what as in my 3.3 Intrepid.... Fits 44 Dodge models and 98 Jeep.

23020p_primary.jpg

They are not that rare, you just have to know they exist to even see them. Like gnomes and bigfoot, you just have to know where to look .

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We-8utU1kHo"]The Gnome Mobile (1967) - YouTube[/ame]

That won't fit a Talon TSI! ;)

I think you're trying to give me crap for having all those 80s and 90s turbo Dodges, but you picked the wrong car! Haha. You should've said it won't fit my Spirit R/T or something. However, if you look at my signature, you'll notice only a Lebaron is left(unless you count the SRT4). Gas is cheap so I'm back to the V8s! Haha

Take that AAM link off your signature, we both know it leads to nowhere!:D

Well that might be OK, but if it's so rare, what will you do if that one fails?

Well, now that mguner found that the regulator is easily available, I should have not worries about using it. But don't worry, I'm gonna keep my eyes open at the junkyards and if I see another one, I'm grabbing it!

Ok, some more research lead me to some more info on these rails and a question.

It seems to be that this setup was only on '92 and '93 Magnums, so they could be a little hard to find. Guess it just depends on how many of these trucks are in your area.

I found fuel pressure specs for all the Magnums and they are as follows:

'92&'93- 31psi at idle with vacuum line connected and 39psi at idle with vacuum line disconnected

'94&'95- 39psi

'96&later- 44psi +or- 5psi

Now the question. Since I'm using the regulated rail, but am running the '94-'95 computer/harness, should I just leave the vacuum line off the regulator so I'll have the constant 39psi it calls for?

Ok, some more research lead me to some more info on these rails and a question.

It seems to be that this setup was only on '92 and '93 Magnums, so they could be a little hard to find. Guess it just depends on how many of these trucks are in your area.

I found fuel pressure specs for all the Magnums and they are as follows:

'92&'93- 31psi at idle with vacuum line connected and 39psi at idle with vacuum line disconnected

'94&'95- 39psi

'96&later- 44psi +or- 5psi

Now the question. Since I'm using the regulated rail, but am running the '94-'95 computer/harness, should I just leave the vacuum line off the regulator so I'll have the constant 39psi it calls for?
Some OBD-I 5.2s. 5.9s never did.

It seems to be that this setup was only on '92 and '93 Magnums, so they could be a little hard to find.
They can be found on Grand Cherokees 93- '94, possibly early '95 (not completely sure there). After that they went to a returnless system with the regulator inside the tank.

They can be found on Grand Cherokees 93- '94, possibly early '95 (not completely sure there). After that they went to a returnless system with the regulator inside the tank.

You can do a search for one here. It lists parts from salvage yards all over North America..

Do a local search and find the part that you're looking for near you...

www.car-parts.com

I'll take a look at my 94 van when I get the dog house off and snap a pic

-
Back