it is tamale making time

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
the joys of being married to a wonderful Mexican lady........

I was raised with the best cooks 6 years old to 15 :cheers:
A lot of the best Mexican food in the labor camps :happy10:
My first kiss was from a very petty girl and a I wish I could remember her name :-D I was one of the lucky ones to enjoy them as family every year.
I am a Tostada man myself, But love all Mexican food :-D

Beans, meat, avocado, lettuce, onion, fried peppers OOOH it so good =P~

just spent the past hour deseeding peppers. first time i helped her make them i had a bit of an accident. the blender would not run while she was attempting to grind up the peppers. so i started messing with it, and being the dumbass that i can be at times i hit the power button when i had the lid off and my face over the blender. not once, but twice. i don't need to tell you what it was like having the ground up peppers in my eyes....

Just had the Tamale Festival here in town. Pretty good food.

Wait a minute..........this thread is useless without pictures and smellavision.

just spent the past hour deseeding peppers. first time i helped her make them i had a bit of an accident. the blender would not run while she was attempting to grind up the peppers. so i started messing with it, and being the dumbass that i can be at times i hit the power button when i had the lid off and my face over the blender. not once, but twice. i don't need to tell you what it was like having the ground up peppers in my eyes....
Not good inkjunkie. I have made the mistake of just using the bathroom after making my poppers. OUCH. I have kinda gotten use to it.

Oh yeah, one more thing.
:worthles:

They do sound good. Now all I need is a margarita.=P~

Any chance of getting some shipped to my house? Dry ice packaging maybe? Or just a recipe.

You know, you have to make enough for everyone here.

damn computer will not read the card from my camera......no pictures yet.....

hehe I know about them tamales! My step father is from El Salvador, and every year about this time, him and my mother make about 350 Tamales of different meats, Pork, Chicken, Beef, and Sweet Tamales. They are a little different from Mexican tamales but just as good if not better! MmmMmmm I have lunch for weeks after that!

:shock: You are kidding 8) or are you:-k

NOT :happy6::toothy7::sign5::drinkers:

Well Mike,when Tony asked what a perogy was I fell off my chair.Now ya have to remember where I am,way up here in the frozen tundra.YTo tell the truth i tell my wife don't try any foreign food on me.I'm a meat and potatoes guy.Oh,and I like my grease too.(burgers,fries,pizza,suasages,bacon,etc.etc.)8)

I guess this means ,no.

I guess i'm a little slow so i guess i missed that address on the tamale cook out. If it wasn't too far i could load up now. I had planned to cook tacos tonite when i came it but the wife had already started a mess of spagetti. That's fine. Like Mike, i love killer Mexican groceries. For that matter, i love Groceries. I'll check the dinner tonite thread.
Small Block

dinner??

tamale.jpg

at first she said tell them to go marry a Mexican:bootysha:.....crockpot, brisket and garlic, shred. deseed the chiles, warm them on the stove in water to soften them up, throw them in the blender and grind them up. mix in with the meat. soak and clean the husks, dry them somewhat. find a mexican grocery/resturant that sells the masa (her family has never made there own for some reason). this is our first time making them up here, so we have no idea how they are going to turn out with the masa from up here. if she does not like them, she is going to call the place we used to get the masa from in arizona and try making it herself. spread the masa thin on the husks, stopping about 2/3 of the way from the wide end. meat on the edge and roll/fold. steam til the masa is done.....a few years ago a friend gave us some elk meat, mixed it in with a bit of pork and some beef, they were out of this world. my wife does put olives in them, but you can.

..one of my favorite places on earth..will be looking to buy within 100 miles of puerto vallarta ..you cannot beat the food !! Lucky person..

-
Back