It just never ends does it?

-
All the hi tech balancing couldn't fix my 11.5X30 so I put them on my old bubble balancer and that worked the best, I found the tire's moved around a bit through out a pass and were impossible to balance so a static balance was the best overall.

I'd say you have a few thing's going on there!

But I'd say you don't have a wheel ridged enough to hold a **** up tire and probably nor strong enough for a run like you want to make.

Sticky wheel weights come off, when first installed clean the wheel with alcohol where
they are applied and put a mark around the weight area so if the weight(s) come off
it can be easily seen.

Once I get them balanced and tested I put duck tape over the stick on weights to keep them in place and from coming off.

I've seen this on occassion when the tires are mounted and balanced already.
If you're close enough with the tire-shop you could point it out and ask if they could rotate the tire on the wheel to see if it gets better.

Otherwise, just don't drive faster than your IQ.... :D

Sticky wheel weights come off, when first installed clean the wheel with alcohol where
they are applied and put a mark around the weight area so if the weight(s) come off
it can be easily seen.

I hate sticky weights. I always have them put on hammer on weights only on the inside.

Did you check the tail shaft on trans after twisting drive shaft?

Personally I have to use sticky weights because I take my car to the drag strip occasionally. You can't have any hammer on weights flying off at the track and taking yourself or someone else out..
If you're feeling it in the rear maybe giving the leaf spring bushings and such a good looking over so all your geometry back there is nice and straight. I'm in that same ballpark that maybe it wasn't just the Driveline that got hurt...

Have the tires and wheels Road Force Balanced.

But I'd say you don't have a wheel ridged enough to hold a **** up tire and probably nor strong enough for a run like you want to make.

This is the only way to get them right.

I've seen this on occassion when the tires are mounted and balanced already.
If you're close enough with the tire-shop you could point it out and ask if they could rotate the tire on the wheel to see if it gets better.

Otherwise, just don't drive faster than your IQ.... :D

Ok, I just got back from a balance check and showed them the video.
They road force balance "everything" he said (it's built into the balance machines) and is why I didn't notice one around anywhere.
They rebalanced all 4 and said the left front and right rear were out of balance.
Ok, I guess brand new tires could need a rebalance after running for awhile and "settling in".
They also said that the silicone aluminum alloy used to make a lot of the new wheels will flex a lot easier than the old type wheels, but doesn't deflect like that when the wheel is on the road and what I felt when driving was probably the two out of balance tires.

We'll see.

Thanks for all the input except for the **** off A hole part.:D
Still haven't figured out who that was directed at.

Did they use "a lot" of weight to balance the things? I'm wondering if the tires are so far out ?? I've never even HEARD of a wheel flexing like that

Ok, I just got back from a balance check and showed them the video.
They road force balance "everything" he said (it's built into the balance machines) and is why I didn't notice one around anywhere.
They rebalanced all 4 and said the left front and right rear were out of balance.
Ok, I guess brand new tires could need a rebalance after running for awhile and "settling in".
They also said that the silicone aluminum alloy used to make a lot of the new wheels will flex a lot easier than the old type wheels, but doesn't deflect like that when the wheel is on the road and what I felt when driving was probably the two out of balance tires.

We'll see.

Thanks for all the input except for the **** off A hole part.:D
Still haven't figured out who that was directed at.

Did the balancer look something like this

Hunter.jpeg

Somebody would have to explain to me the benefit of flexible wheels when for years the goal was just the opposite.

Flex wheel is that like flex fuel ? flex car if you hit something it just bonuses back. LOL

Spin the wheel at 130 with no tire. Even with the weight on it meant to balance the tire, I bet the wheel won't distort.

Did they use "a lot" of weight to balance the things? I'm wondering if the tires are so far out ?? I've never even HEARD of a wheel flexing like that

2 of the wheel/tire combinations took a couple of ounces.
The other two took less.

That sounds like an excuse to get you off their back.

Kinda did to me also, but what are ya gonna do?
There are thousands of cars and trucks running these wheels and after an amount of searching Google and Youtube no mention anywhere of anyone having a failure of any kind, and they are fairly popular wheels.
Maybe no one survived to report one.:D

Did the balancer look something like this

View attachment 1715409901

Yes it did.
The roller for the road force part looked a little different, but it did have the extra roller that ran on the tread surface like that.
It's been a couple of decades since I drove anything that needed it, but I was used to seeing a stand alone machine that rolled the wheel slow with a load on it and shaved rubber off the high spots.
Back then they called it a Match Balancer.

Those wheels would tear themselves apart, I wouldn't want to run 130 with them.

One would think they could get off center and fly apart at some point.
That's why when I felt the shudder in the car at 100 the other day I slowed back down right away until I could check into what it was.:D
Apparently the rebalance took care of it, because it feels nice and smooth now.

After all this discussion over it I have changed what I'm doing with the car.
I'm going to take the 8.25 Sure Grip that's sitting here ready to go in back apart and put the 3:55 gears in instead of the 2:91 and have a little more fun with the extra gears and just stick close to the speed limit otherwise.
Less risk to me, other people and the car. (plus speeding tickets are expensive)
With the OD and converter lockup I will still be able to run any freeway with comfortable RPM's.

Last edited:
That’s great u got the puzzle solved. So ur sticky weights are in the center of the rim and not on the sides/ edge correct? Kim

That’s great u got the puzzle solved. So ur sticky weights are in the center of the rim and not on the sides/ edge correct? Kim

VERY GOOD!:D
This is the only reason I could imagine that a balanced tire/wheel combination would have runout at speed.
No, they put them on the inner ridge just inside the lip of 9.5 inch wheels which to me means the out of balance area could be on the outside of the tire.

That was something I had decided was the case myself during this whole process, but at some point I guess we have to let people that are supposed to know these things do what they do for a living and live with it.
Balancing tires/wheels is the ONE and ONLY thing I let someone else do on my car and it seems they can't really even do that very well.

Sure, it's close enough for 55 or 75mph on your average generic vehicle, and that's about all they know.

-
Back