It Never Rains In Southern California...Not True This Weekend!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Current weather forecast says Hillary (currently a Class 4 Hurricane) will be bringing a lot of water with her when she hits SoCal this weekend.
She's supposed to have been downgraded to a Tropical Storm by then but one forecast is calling for San Diego possibly getting 10" of rain through Tuesday.
Another forecast says some parts of California may get a year's worth of rain in two days.
In advance planning for the storm, the San Diego Padres, LA Angels and Dodgers will all be playing double-headers on Saturday instead of single games on Saturday and Sunday.
It's going to be an interesting few days!

Current weather forecast says Hillary (currently a Class 4 Hurricane) will be bringing a lot of water with her when she hits SoCal this weekend.
She's supposed to have been downgraded to a Tropical Storm by then but one forecast is calling for San Diego possibly getting 10" of rain through Tuesday.
Another forecast says some parts of California may get a year's worth of rain in two days.
In advance planning for the storm, the San Diego Padres, LA Angels and Dodgers will all be playing double-headers on Saturday instead of single games on Saturday and Sunday.
It's going to be an interesting few days!
That’s one way to reduce their water issues

did ya get the SMS/text advisory too? my phone was on 11 and it startled the crap out of me from the other side of the shop!

currently battening down the hatches and covering up the projects in the yard.

y'all be safe and don't travel unless necessary!

Might just make all those sand washes out there near State Line and Jean Nevada a nasty black mess from that uncommon creosote/Joshua Tree fire they just had. Stay outa the low spots out there in the desert!

God Bless you in the area of the storm.
So sad to hear the mess “Hillary” is going to bring.
Be safe my internet friends!
Your in my prayers.

Your in my prayers.
Seriously trying to not make those jokes

Your in my prayers.
My area was just outside all the warnings and watches until earlier today, but now we are part of a "hurricane watch". We do sort of have a guardian in a geographical sort of way. Big ole thing called Point Conception just south of here. That's where the ocean currents make a big change. That cold sea water on our side really mucks up those warm water weather systems. I'm curious as heck to see what happens.

Nobody wants Hillary to come to their town.
All the damage, the disruption, the problems and such....

Hilary has to follow this for 300 miles to get to me. I needed to smile. Herb makes me smile. All my southern neighbors

genuflect.jpg

Looks like @crackedback 's neck of the woods is forecast to get hit pretty hard with precip. Stay safe guys.

Just had a midwest style rain come through. Crazy lightning and some of the biggest raindrops I've seen out here. Street was flooded in minutes.

Most of the DG in my yard is now in the street

Turned off my sprinkler system, not going to need it on for a few days

Last edited:
Just had a midwest style rain come through. Crazy lightning and some of the biggest raindrops I've seen out here. Street was flooded in minutes.

I remember those from my desert days. Street under water gutter to gutter in 15 minutes. :realcrazy:

Turned off my sprinkler system, not going to need it on for a few days
not the DG! nooooo!

man, i feel your pain. stay safe amigo!

Hilary’s carrying a lot of hot air with her, stay safe down there in California guys.

Supposed to get pretty serious here. 8” predicted in two days. Hopefully the weather guessers are wrong like normal. I just came in from tarping cars and I have two more to do tomorrow. If anyone needs help say the word. Stay safe.
310FC97C-4C7C-45AD-9FBB-0ACECBCC6AC4.png

I know many have been praying for relief. Especially after some of the recent fire damage. But this may be alittle too much relief.

Hope it's milder than projected. Good luck, and God speed this thru quickly.

-
Back