Its a snap gone need suggestions

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Hey the last vehicle I replaced a wiring harness on used its a snap out of Florida and really liked them. I guess they went out of business though. Anyone have a suggestion as to what harness to use for my 65 dart?

You can rewire it yourself. That way you can customize as needed, for electronic ignition, AC, fan, etc. I did that on my 65 and 64 A's, using a relay box from a 90's Jeep. You can buy new "56 terminals" on ebay to put in your bulkhead connector shells. Your 65 bulkhead connector is unique in that the cabin side has big "buss-bar" feed-thrus for the high ammeter current. Indeed, I like that design so much I got one to put in my 64.

Where did you source your wire? Does anybody sell colored wire with tracer stripes any more?

Where did you source your wire? Does anybody sell colored wire with tracer stripes any more?
Buying many spools of new wire would be very expensive. For my under-hood rewiring I used special 20 awg colored ribbon wire for everything in the bulkhead that now switches relays. That keeps the wires ordered. You can't get that, so might use common 28 awg "computer" ribbon cable (a bit wimpy). For other wires (turn signals, ...), I used trailer wire and pulled from my "scrap wire box" and the partial harness I pulled with the relay box, plus a 74 Dart engine harness I had. Whenever I discard an appliance, I try to save all wires and connectors.

-
Back