IT'S BACK.....1971 Demon...40,000 mi

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the same as my car was originally........would be cool to park them side by side in my shop.

OT - can anybody tell me what the pipe below the gas fill tube is in the pics? I can;t figure out what that is.

danmc77 OT - can anybody tell me what the pipe below the gas fill tube is in the pics? I can;t figure out what that is.

A vent from the tank and or part of the emmisions vapor recovery system I believe .Some cars have it and some don't .I know My 72 Demon did not . Nor does My 72 Dart.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I paid right about at the buy it now for my 71 Dart, which has slightly lower miles and is a 318 car, which needed a new vinyl top.

Obviously, the Demon is more desirable, and finding an old Mopar that doesn't need body work is a huge plus.

@#!! economy. That'd be mine if things weren't so tight right now.

danmc77 OT - can anybody tell me what the pipe below the gas fill tube is in the pics? I can;t figure out what that is.

A vent from the tank and or part of the emmisions vapor recovery system I believe .Some cars have it and some don't .I know My 72 Demon did not . Nor does My 72 Dart.

Jomoper is correct, it's part of the emissions package. The tank has vent nipples on the drivers side which connect to that tube.

I paid that same buy it now price for my Dart in 2006. If you were/are a Demon Fan, something to consider. The car looks like a time capsule, with its originality.

If I had the $ and the space, I'd make a serious offer too. That car is pretty nice. I'd think that would be a fair asking price if it was a Duster or Dart, but a Demon, hell yeah. Too bad most of the cars saved like that are /6 cars.

If I had the garage space I would be on that. The downer is someone is going to get it and butcher it by hotroddin it.

Blownfish, you are soooo right. It is a thing of beauty right down to the rubber floor mat. Were it a '70 Duster I would save it. My bank has OKed my dream. I want my old 340 back. The money is there but I would not be able to sleep at night if I modified this little gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back