Its me again lol

-
Yeah just taking it one step at a time. I know the motor is strong, I can hear it... it's got heart. But I gave it a tall task ... pushing a 8.5k pound 88' w250 hd around. It used to belong to the forestry department.
That's a badass truck.

That's a badass truck.
Yessir, No joke there! Reminds me of my 73 D200. It Would Pull DOWN A House, and then Drag It Off! Mine only had a 318... built Lil ****, but the 4:30 Geared Dana added some "Uumph" style Grunt! Son a Bleep i traded it to sold er... for quick cash

Yessir, No joke there! Reminds me of my 73 D200. It WILL Pull DOWN A House, and then Drag It Off! Mine only had a 318... built Lil ****, but the 4:30 Geared Dana added some "Uumph" style Grunt!
My 75 F250 is similar, but it's not a 4wd. It is an F253 which is a 250HD and also has the camper special package. Old Gladys is one heavy duty truck.

My 75 F250 is similar, but it's not a 4wd. It is an F253 which is a 250HD and also has the camper special package. Old Gladys is one heavy duty truck.
Right On Brother! I HONESTLY don't think the New stuff is as Bulletproof, and, if, in my Humble opinion, you add the Electronic crap, the Roadside Repair, or just plain Service Becomes crazy,... and Just LOOK AT what they are doing with parts. Very the new ones ain't growing on Trees, and Fabricated/ caused Chip shortages? I'll put my Heart and Soul in the Old School stuff! I'd love to see Yer Truck, Man

Right On Brother! I HONESTLY don't think the New stuff is as Bulletproof, and, if, in my Humble opinion, you add the Electronic crap, the Roadside Repair, or just plain Service Becomes crazy,... and Just LOOK AT what they are doing with parts. Very the new ones ain't growing on Trees, and Fabricated/ caused Chip shortages? I'll put my Heart and Soul in the Old School stuff! I'd love to see Yer Truck, Man
I JUST put a new starter on her today. Took me all of ten minutes. One small bolt for the positive battery cable, two 3/8 bolts for the starter. BLOP. On the ground. I didn't even jack the truck up. We're gettin ready to replace the radius arm bushings and the I beam pivot bushings. I've done so many I can do um in my sleep.

I JUST put a new starter on her today. Took me all of ten minutes. One small bolt for the positive battery cable, two 3/8 bolts for the starter. BLOP. On the ground. I didn't even jack the truck up. We're gettin ready to replace the radius arm bushings and the I beam pivot bushings. I've done so many I can do um in my sleep.
Heck Yeah! Awsome Talent! I've done one (1) i- beam set up, on a Ford Van, maybe a 69, Mayne later, foggy 30 years ago.. floor jack and a chain to keep the spring from popping out and hurting one of us.... But EVERY Red Blooded American should have a Redneck Battle Truck! I know I need one! The Lil Dakota ain't gonna cut it. But, even though I'm still not where I need to be at all, I did a Driveway toe job on the Duster and Hung a door for one of the bathrooms today (including routering in hinges)... big whoop, I know, but its a Blessed Thing!

My transfer slots. Too much or too little?

20221028_120708.jpg

Heck Yeah! Awsome Talent! I've done one (1) i- beam set up, on a Ford Van, maybe a 69, Mayne later, foggy 30 years ago.. floor jack and a chain to keep the spring from popping out and hurting one of us.... But EVERY Red Blooded American should have a Redneck Battle Truck! I know I need one! The Lil Dakota ain't gonna cut it. But, even though I'm still not where I need to be at all, I did a Driveway toe job on the Duster and Hung a door for one of the bathrooms today (including routering in hinges)... big whoop, I know, but its a Blessed Thing!
No there's no talent involved with me. Even a chimp learns through repetition. LMAO

Sorry for taking a while... it's raining here and I dont have a garage, just a barn I'm currently working in... but cant fit the truck in here

Sorry for taking a while... it's raining here and I dont have a garage, just a barn I'm currently working in... but cant fit the truck in here
That's ok. We ain't goin anywhere.

Maybe they are on the wrong way... they seem a little offset. Like they are not perfectly round.

No slots on secondaries, the are gravity fed
Yeah I get that. But WHERE are they? If they're cracker open too far........get what I'm sayin?

They are tightened down... I didnt crank on them but butterflies are definitely snuged
Yeah, be real careful with that. Those screws break real easy.

Yeah those secondaries look like they're closing good. If you cannot get it to idle down under 900, it's pullin air from somewhere.

Yeah those secondaries look like they're closing good. If you cannot get it to idle down under 900, it's pullin air from somewhere.
I can get it to idle under 900, I put it at 900 cause the transmission drops it to about 750 - 700 rpm and didnt want to lug the new transmission

I can get it to idle under 900, I put it at 900 cause the transmission drops it to about 750 - 700 rpm and didnt want to lug the new transmission
I see. Have you tried pulling in more initial timing? Forgive me if you've said. I'm a lazy back reader. lol

I'm considering it. Might drop it down to about 8-10* and see how it does. Butterflies were definitely not even or positioned correctly. They are way more even now and I have more of a square... slightly taller than a square.

20221028_131453.jpg

I'm considering it. Might drop it down to about 8-10* and see how it does. Butterflies were definitely not even or positioned correctly. They are way more even now and I have more of a square... slightly taller than a square.

View attachment 1716003780
No, dropping it down is going the wrong way. I think it needs more. I would try maybe 16-18 at idle. I think you said earlier that it will rattle? You may need to look at limiting the total mechanical advance and or putting some stiffer advance springs in.

-
Back