Its not just craigslist

-
somebody trying to retire off of a sale?

Sure looks like it. From the "numbers matching 318" to the adjustable rear leaf competition suspension, I cant imagine they're not asking 25k.

I mean, it looks like a real nice car and all....... but wow! What a price!
In 20 years it may be a deal..... LOL

The bottom line is if you are willing to pay that price then you really need your head checked..... Too many other great cars to be had for less than that... A body or not that is insane. Throw a little more on it and go get you a Grand National or something to that affect.....

I honestly could not hold a straight face is the seller were to talk to me face to face about the car lol.....

JW

Ready or not..like it or not, get used to it. These cars are about to skyrocket. In five years, that deal will seem like a bargain.

It's a consignment dealership so everyone adds the consignment % on top of what they want to sell for throwing the prices out of whack. Knock 15 -20 % off that price and it's not an insane price for a nice clean #s car .It's not like it's a 4 dr ffs it is a nice clean hardtop .Now you want insane look at the Dusters they have listed for like 25k , or the 63 bbody's they have for like 90k lol now thats insane lol

see? and to me, I don't place much $$$ on the numbers matching on /6 or 318 cars. Too common. And most that buy them usually are pulling them for something else.....
I think that if that car had a clean 360 mag in her with a 8 3/4 rear, it might be closer to getting over the 10k mark. Swinger/Scamps aren't selling as much as Dusters, just not quite as in demand. that's my opinion.

A big part of the new wave of interest for these cars are people who are just interested in owning a classic car.
They dont care what engine is in it, or how many doors it has. They care that it is clean, serviceable and vintage.
Perception drives price. If ten people list 67 Valiants for $20,000, the one guy who prices his at $18,500 looks to be presenting a bargain. Suddenly that becomes the new price floor.
Like I said, mark my words...it's coming

shackles, hacked dash for the radio.. damn shame.. clean car but really whats a beak nose 318 dart worth? 4k or so..

damn that stupid drunk driver - I had that car - I could have been rich - RICH I tell you - RICH!!! - oh wait, mine wasn't a V8 - it was only a /6.. daaaahh... oh well - half as RICH RICH RICH - aaaaaaahahahahahaha... :BangHead::wtf: - WHAT?!? :eek::D

A lot of these deals are consignment. The seller is the one whose high. Not just the dealer.

A big part of the new wave of interest for these cars are people who are just interested in owning a classic car.
They dont care what engine is in it, or how many doors it has. They care that it is clean, serviceable and vintage.
Perception drives price. If ten people list 67 Valiants for $20,000, the one guy who prices his at $18,500 looks to be presenting a bargain. Suddenly that becomes the new price floor.
Like I said, mark my words...it's coming

I've been saying the same for years. A bodies won't ever be what a Hemi Cuda is... but who drives a HemiCuda to the mall and around town? I've been saying it for a long time.... old A bodies are about to climb.

I agree with the price, but I think it already has climbed. 15 years ago a really nice 340 Duster could be had for 9k. Now, a really nice 340 duster is a 18K car.

Sorry, but unless its a 340 these a body cars just aren't that collectible.

7k maybe for this exampe.
a lot of this stupidity is because some people have more $$$ than common sense. guess I fall into that catagory too---------------well, not more $, just stupidity.

Anybody that would even consider buying a classic car from a "dealer" consignment lot deserves to pay that price for one!!

I wouldnt pay over $8k for a 70's 318 column shift, bench seat Dart if it was completely restored and signed by Lee Ioacocca.

Probably just trying to recoup what he has into it, and then fees on top of that.

I agree with everything that's been said. I think the seller is trying to get the restoration price back. It is a great looking car but not perfect. For that kind of money I would expect to see fresh paint in the engine compartment . That one just looks to have been cleaned up. The tail panel trim looks like it's pealing, and, even though a minor thing, did anyone notice that the pentastar is missing from the fender?

-
Back