Its official,were moving to florida!!!!!!

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
We have decided to move to FLORIDA!!!! We are leaving the 2nd week of Aug and have a house in Winter Haven. We are SOOOOOO excited!!!!!

I spent a little time down in Wimauma, which is about an hour southwest of Winterhaven, back in 2001. It was actually pretty nice. Definitely a less commercial part of Florida. At that time anyway. Hot as Hell's half-acre, though. Wouldn't mind going back sometime. Enjoy!

hope ya like bugs/ heat,rusty cars,lived there 10 yrs,hated it

Not much different than Douglasville is it?
We have heat/bugs, and semi rusty cars in Geogia. LOL.

I think he will like the winters much better than where he's coming from.

I sure as hell don't miss those northeast record snowfalls, and a month or two of below freezing temps.

Mom lives in Winter Haven.

Nice area, but hard to get anywhere, no road is straight, little lakes everywhere. You have to learn the back roads

Dad would have me drive and tell me where to turn, Most the time I didn't have a clue where we were. we might have only been 3 miles from the house, but drove 5 miles to get there.

I have learned how to get around in the 12 years since they bought a place there

Good Luck with the move and you will need a SUN PASS for all the damn TOLL ROADS

Congrats and its a nice area. I have relatives in that area. Good luck and keep us posted

Congrat's Mike, I have not been there in years.

Good Luck with the move and you will need a SUN PASS for all the damn TOLL ROADS
Toll roads, forgot all about them. I have not been on one since leaving NJ in 1993......I sure do not miss the 2 seasons of AZ, the mild summer and HELL. Much rather deal with some snow and cold than the sun scorched, dried dirt. Was hoping to avoid my next trip there until November, but I will be heading that way in a couple of weeks....

Hope you enjoy your move South!!! We moved from Mass to North Carolina in 07' and we love it here in the South. Best thing is cruise in season can be all year as long as the weather is good!!!!!

If theres one tihng I have noticed about winters here on Long Island (Right below Ct. a mere 20 miles of water) Is when were forcasted to have a blizzard and 24 inchs of snow, I can't help but to think, "Those poor bastards living to the north of us, there gonna get creammmmed with a cherry on top!"

I think I'd be up for a trade, wintery snow blizzards for two season, summer and hell. Beats freeeezzzzing....I think.

THANKS everyone!!!! Moving for us is 2 fold. 1,is so me and my daughter Emma will have a life in the winter time and Emma can go to school all yr rounds. 2, we will be working in a church in Eagle Lake.

Should be there around Aug 13th.:cheers:

Be sure to check out Roscoes chili challenge the first full weekend in Nov.You will meet a lot of mopar people as well as motorcycle enthusiests.You will find a map on the flyer in the website www.roscoeschilichallenge.com This is an adults only party.I hope you can make it.
Roscoe

overlook dr is off of cypress gardens blvd
i am sw of there off of thornhill rd
when you get here you will meet Randy from Mopar Muscle Mag
he lives in Lakeland

-
Back