It's time to share 2012

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have Overmans Building co. awaiting my 24X30 order for my man cave :blob:
I am so ready to have this dun and enjoying my own space out of the house.
Nothing fancy or giant, but just my size for my needs.. memike is getting a garage finely :blob::cheers:
They will build it and Busch brothers here in town is going to pour my slab.
24' x 30' wide with an attached shower/sink and toilet :D
Smoke free and don't ever want to touch another cig in my life and never will, It was tuff at one of our APA pool league night's but not a BUT touched my lips :cheers: Overmans Buildings are all wood 2x4 walls and 2x6 ceiling all metal siding with 2 9x7 door and one walk threw. There co. is just 37 miles away and it a go. 5.400 counting labor :book:
A few trees to be taken out and my concrete man has not came to see me yet, he did my home slab and we will see what the expert says.

I have allot to be thankful for,My wife Treva, Creed and Mikie Jr. are jumping on board to get Dads man cave up and running :D

Here is a couple bad drawings I did this morning to show everyone where it will go. I know it is out of scale :eek:ops: But you will get the idea :coffee2:

I was going to wait and put this in the garage thread, but I just had to tell all my friends here :cheers: I will be doing a thread with pictures in the near future :coffee2:

Attachments

• Picture%20003.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 262
  • New shop build 001.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 271
Looks fantastic Mike !! I wish I had the room for that kind of cave.
Also a big Congrats on kicking the habit - not an easy task -- Way to go - keep it up !!:thumleft:

Looks fantastic Mike !! I wish I had the room for that kind of cave.
Also a big Congrats on kicking the habit - not an easy task -- Way to go - keep it up !!:thumleft:

Thank you 68CUDA/6VERT, I am so happy to be smoke free and at my age it is time to smarten up and take care of myself. I am a none smoker :cheers:
I had to put an air freshener in my daily driver Victoria because just washing the windows still did not get the smoke smell out, a soft brush and cleaner for my original interior is going to have to be dun

Victoria and I are going to enjoy our own space that's for sure :cheers:

Attachments

• SOUND%20CHECK%20FUEL%201%20077.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 248
  • i6360.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 263
Congrats on 2 things. 1. The most important is being a non smoker. :cheers:

2. Great man cave. :D

Congrats on 2 things. 1. The most important is being a non smoker. :cheers:

2. Great man cave. :D

Hay there Cliff :glasses7: Thank you :D
Looking forward to seeing Mike Busch show up and get him started on the location for the slab :coffee2: and price to get it in.
Treva may not see me for weeks at a time when this man cave is in the dry :D I should be in it by the 1srt of March at the latest, and that is counting on some bad weather days :cheers:

That is some way to kick of 2012 alright!

Congrats on kickin the habit, it's damn nasty.. i know.

And building your man cave is awesome. I'm looking forward to putting some sticks on my pad that was poured in 2010. I'm sure watching your's go up will be even more inspiration.

Grant

Congrats Mike! Thats way cool. Always nice to have a place to go and tinker.
Ain't that's the truth fore sure Burnt :glasses7: I need a tinker area so I can tinker and be enjoy having a slab under me to walk on and not have to be in the 90 to 105 degree weather we have here, and the gravel work and walking on it, But the winter is pretty short here :coffee2:
Good to hear that old word again, If Treva ask what I am going to do I will be out tinkering around in the shop :D That has a good ring to it :D Can't wait to use it

You lucky guy you! Looking forward to seeing going up! Congrats on kicking the butt, I started back after 17yrs of quitting. I hope to stop in the near future.

That's awesome!!! Glad you kicked the habit. Dare I age myself. Why not. I kicked the habit in 1970 and never looked back. Can't wait to see pics of the man cave as it progresses. Sounds like it's gonna be great.

That is some way to kick of 2012 alright!

Congrats on kickin the habit, it's damn nasty.. i know.

And building your man cave is awesome. I'm looking forward to putting some sticks on my pad that was poured in 2010. I'm sure watching your's go up will be even more inspiration.

Grant

I bet you saved a few $+ pouring it back then and not have to pour it at todays prices :cheers: It will be a couple weeks to tart seeing 3 big tree's being taken out and a slab poured or maybe more
Yep!!! You knew this was a day I was looking for a few years ago :D
Quit is the word or is it quitter. Thank you brother Grant :cheers: and yes it's nasty :protest:

Congrates on your future garage and kicking the smoking habit! You deserve Mike!

You lucky guy you! Looking forward to seeing going up! Congrats on kicking the butt, I started back after 17yrs of quitting. I hope to stop in the near future.
I have watched many great shops get built here :book:
And believe me I will have the latest and the newest best shop on fabo :D I am exited and counting my blessings, or being a lucky man :D
Heck, get rid of those smokes, They just get in the way and and rob you of your energy, but the first 2 days are the kicker in your mind you just have to want to :D

That's awesome!!! Glad you kicked the habit. Dare I age myself. Why not. I kicked the habit in 1970 and never looked back. Can't wait to see pics of the man cave as it progresses. Sounds like it's gonna be great.
Thank you :D And yes!! it's going to be great :cheers:

wow...Am I relieved...

I thought I was going to hear some more...Hope and Change / Share the Wealth BS

BTW...NICE!!....got any x-tra room ?

Congrates on your future garage and kicking the smoking habit! You deserve Mike!

I am sure there has been prayers for this day to come J :D I am so grateful to my new life I have been enjoying, good with the bad.
I would take that big Dodge Truck off your hands but you desere it:D:D
It was great to meet you last year :cheers:

Ok just were is Cindy and I room :D

Bring your air mattress :D, plenty of room :cheers:
You may want to wait, so we can have a music and beer night in the cave.

RIGHT HERE VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :D

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 223
wow...Am I relieved...

I thought I was going to hear some more...Hope and Change / Share the Wealth BS

BTW...NICE!!....got any x-tra room ?

Yep, this is a small hill and making more tinker room, the things and plans for this year to get started on, you know me One-Step-At-A-Time..
I will need a little help after the shop is in the dry, shaved and new head ready to be in line first :pirat:

Attachments

• Picture 222 124.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 232
You're a lucky man memike! dan

I hear that dan, being a blest husband, Father, Grandfather and enjoying friends ship has went a long way for a person like me. :coffee2:
It's taken over 50 years but well worth it each day I get given to me :D

I 'd go with 28ft x 30ft. You would like that extra 2 foot.

I agree, I think I will need that on pool night, I will check and see if I can pay for it. :coffee2: Trucks and B body cars can get tight front and rear with only 24'.

Congrats on your new shop!! Glad to hear you bucked the smoking habit. Now you'll have more money for speed parts!!:burnout:

That is great news brother! I'm so happy you were able to kick the habit.
Your body will thank you. Now let's get that man cave built. Please keep
us updated with pics from the very start all the way thru to the finish.

I think you and Victoria will be spending a lot of time together.

Keep us posted Mike.

Your Indiana Bro Tony.

-
Back