jack stands

-
i use stands from the army for trucks. Small trucks. Very solid. Because it is me who is under the car. And i don't trust those cheap stuff. But this is not a discussion about stands...

In my youth I had the ones like you pictured.Lost the pin on one of them....Stuck a screw driver in it and used them for years before I could afford the good ones. Never had a problem...was I lucky? ...Probably.
Me two until some lugnut used the screwdriver and didn't replace it. Now I'm saving up for another one.

Tens of thousands of early Ford V-8 rears donated their side bells to be used fir Jack stands back in the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how good or how safe they look, ALWAYS have a back-up plan. I always throw a couple mounted tire/wheels under there too. At least you won't get crushed under there if something does go horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Ehhhh. Just git one o dees... LOL
WIN_20150225_172720.JPG

Lost the pins to my jack stands. What can I use to replace the pins so they are safe.
Thanks Bill
Go find a Grade 5 (or better) hex-head, or allen-head, bolt that is the right diameter and length. If they are actually made from Grade 5 material and were properly heat treated (in other words stay away from Chinese stuff), they'll be stronger than the original pins which are just mild steel.

If you really want to be 100% safe, don’t jack the car up and get under it...just flip it over and work on it from the top.

:D

If you really want to be 100% safe, don’t jack the car up and get under it...just flip it over and work on it from the top.

:D
Just gotta lift the one side with your legs, not your back

Good lord... Doesn't anybody have 2X4s around anymore! Metal stands are dangerous. Never had a 2X4 let me down (or let the car down on me). The secret is to wedge them in at the best angle..

Good lord... Doesn't anybody have 2X4s around anymore! Metal stands are dangerous. Never had a 2X4 let me down (or let the car down on me). The secret is to wedge them in at the best .

Hard to find them around here . They don't grow on trees.
Just Jack up the car tell a few local crack heads they can have a free place to crash and your good to go,

Good lord... Doesn't anybody have 2X4s around anymore! Metal stands are dangerous. Never had a 2X4 let me down (or let the car down on me). The secret is to wedge them in at the best angle..
Just like this...

F6DD1495-14D3-4945-AF11-4553182A056C.jpeg

Ben, I never gave you my permission to use those pictures of us changing our xmsn filters.

-
Back