Jacks: 69 cuda fastback

-
well made a lil progress today, pulled the dash out thanks to a picture john(fastback340) put up of his cuda dash made me wanna start working :) thanks :thumbup: but with every good thing comes something bad i broke a pin connector off the back of my gauge cluster(look at my post under elect.) to help me out :)

0225072312pw5.jpg

any suggestions would be nice on sanding, painting/ and paint ideas(colors) :toothy7:

Good Choice man!!That's a nice project ,i wish we had cuda's to work on here 2 :thumbup: .Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

My Dart 73-2.jpg

well a lil update for March 22, 2007.

It has been beautiful out lately....in the 50's haha so i have been at work, well a lot of it is my dad with helping and demonstrating but hey gotta start somewhere. I had to get cut off today had to go to work so i only got about 40 minutes to work on it today, thats counting my lunch break ha yes i go home at lunch and work on my car :headbang: tomorrow i will have a lil more time and will probably have it all done for the welding and start applying filler, man i cant wait :)

i decided to go with links so it wont bog down some of the 56k users and it makes it look a lil cleaner

well im still making progress on the fender, and also i am now pulling the 318 as of 1pm today :toothy7: woo im just gonna pull it out clean it up and paint it for a driver nothing really big, i convinced my dad to let me do so since i had the whole engine bay ripped apart i figured might as well pull it he agreed and i went to work i got pretty far on my 40 minute lunch break :lol: starter is out, exhaust wasnt to bad thank god :toothy7: and all electrical is off now i gotta take the torqe converter bolts off. Im so excited i dont wanna be in school(which is where i am now :lol: ) I"ll go home and start pulling the engines and i'll snap some photos in with my phone and throw em up for you guys. Wish me luck, btw any sugestions on how i should clean the engine on my slant i used oven degreser and that worked good any good sugestions? and its gonna be hemi orange woo and id like to have the intake and waterpump be a clear or natural finish or gray any sugestions.

well here are the pics :twisted: i cant believe how much progress i have made in 3 days :toothy7:

I also took a look at the casting number it is a 1969 block and its for sure a 318. So any suggestions on degreases to clean the engine, im going hemi orange and a natural finish on the water pump and intake(suggestions)

I like to use Castrol Super Clean to degrease engines. Gunk Engine Bright also works pretty good. Looking forward to more progress pictures.

well i now that the trans is droped and the whole engine wiring harness is out of the car along with the other basic stuff im waiting to sand blast....what a pain im moving along fast as hell for me latly and then i get struck with SNOW awh come on....well i gotta wait for it to get decent out to sand blast then shoot some primer quick that day(any sugestions on primer like epoxy) then i'll be painting it all up, i cant wait, stupid snow

Well i have been hard at work and yesterday i 'went to town' on cleaning the engine up, its ready for paint as of today. Today i will also be cleaning the transmission up so it will look better. then next is the kframe along with the whole engine bay which i will be painting/sandblasting. any sugestions on how to get the heater box out along with the heater core? here are some pics for you guys, and there is my dad power washing the engine :toothy7: also where can i get transmission lines?
Also i got my fender patch done for the drivers side, now i need to get some filler on it and start with the sanding again

well ive got the engine all clean now i gotta sand blast the oil pan cause its got a little rust on her then shoot it with some hemi orange, haha yeah its a 318 but o well :toothy7: Ive been cleaning up the trans latly, found out its got a new pump so its probably been rebuilt woohoo :thumbup:

transws3.jpg

Sadie was glad to lend a hand, well actually she just wanted me to throw her stick for her:lol:
0423071254nv7.jpg

The pictures have been taken on my phone so they are not the best, my digital camera is broken and has some problems right now

It`s coming along nicely Jack, and it`s good to have help even if it has four legs! You can tell she`s into retrieving, she`s looking at you like.............."throw the cell phone and I`ll go get it."

Looking good Jack! Believe me, patience pays off.... And as for your dash project, PM me if you need any specifics on re-finishing it.

Now get back to work ...:)

Coming along nicely Jack! Sadie Looks like she is happy with your trans too.

Looking good!!! Is that your Ram Charger or it that a Trail Duster? I would like to see more pics of that sweet ride... :salute:

SleeperScamp said:
Looking good!!! Is that your Ram Charger or it that a Trail Duster? I would like to see more pics of that sweet ride... :salute:
well its actually a trail duster with the dodge 'power wagon' emblems on the hood :lol: gives it some good flair. Its our blow truck as of now, its sadly gotten pretty rusty and id love to take that off road :headbang: its got the 340 im gonna get as of now.

Well finaly after working my but off and scraping and cleaning and all that, also working on my lunch break during school. I finaly got the engine painted. here are some before and afters:

here is what is beneath the heat riser :O
heatrisermj6.jpg

for some reason i cant get the pics off my phone and on here i'll try again tomorrow :sad:

Well ive been hauling *** lately, hopefull i can drive her by may 24th or so (last day of school) Got the engine painted monday, got the engine bay all clean and pressure washed today(tuesday) tomorrow i work and same with thrusday, so before work on thrusday im hoping to sand blast the manifolds, and some misc pieces, im planing on sand blasting then applying a black finish to the mt valve covers then sand off the fins. friday hopefully sand blast the engine bay and apply primer on fri or sat. I also got time to hose off the cuda, it looks so pretty, o but a couple steps back, found out the front right frame rail is rusted bad, right where it bends up into the engine bay, thats gonna need to be fixed, it sucks hopefully i can still finish my goal.

dirtyxf0.jpg

clean1cn2.jpg

0430071806oy4.jpg

Man is she beautiful, yes its a hemi orange 318 but o well haha
washedov3.jpg

1966 dart wagon said:
well its actually a trail duster with the dodge 'power wagon' emblems on the hood :lol: gives it some good flair. Its our Plow truck as of now, its sadly gotten pretty rusty and id love to take that off road :headbang: its got the 340 im gonna get as of now.
oops on the above statement

Well i have worked my but off this last week and here u guys go. I sand blasted the engine bay, got the radiator to fit, made some frame patches (Thanks Dad), and started on the fender. I really have to thank my dad for all the help and such, whats really holding me up is work/new job and school, but im still holding strong for driving her the last day. :thumbup:

sandblastac4.jpg

Ouch eh?
rust2xs4.jpg

rustps8.jpg

sandblast2fz6.jpg

radiatoriw3.jpg

undercoat2mx1.jpg

undercoatingsc6.jpg

My dad counted 8 layers of paint/primer on the cowl, yeah its a pain to sandblast/clean up but its pretty well clean as of now. I forgot to take a pic of the engine with the valve covers on, man it looks awesome :) Any suggestions on where i can get manifold paint (like the natural finish look stuff off eastwood perhaps local) I"ll probably post more soon and keep u guys updated:thumbup:

Well Here are some more updates for today, right before i was leaving for work my dad wanted me to help him pull the car around on his frame machine, and he was nice enough to patch my frame for me, i was bummed i wasnt there to see it and such, Also it was my last day at my job, and im starting at the local Sturdevants auto parts store on thrusday, woo :thumbup: Also there are some pictures of the patches i had to make(well dad did em while iw as at work again) there were rust holes forming in the engine bay so, cant paint it and have it look like that :thumbup:

framepatch2qg6.jpg

framepatch1ve1.jpg

fiberglasspatchlr2.jpg

fibbw3.jpg

rackzg7.jpg

Thanks Dad :)

-
Back