-

MoparMuscleGuy

Still plays with cars.
Reaction score
Anyone running this? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• jacobs.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 225
I ran one along with their complete ignition system back in the late 90's. It ran well on a street driven 440 putting out about 480-500 hp. I liked it and never had an issue while I owned it. It is still on the car.

I ran one along with their complete ignition system back in the late 90's. It ran well on a street driven 440 putting out about 480-500 hp. I liked it and never had an issue while I owned it. It is still on the car.
Thanks Martin, I too was planning this for my 440. Thanks MMG

Potted E-coil with heat sink? I think the brains in the Jacobs system was in the ECU. The entire "feedback ignition" theory of the Jacobs is a little wonky to me, but it seems to work alright.

That is an excellent and powerful coil.

Sorry to see Jacobs phased out but also happy that there tech is incorperated into the new Mallory/Accel systems.

Do NOT touch that coil when live/running. It hurts alot more than other HP coils....a LOT MORE!

Potted E-coil with heat sink? I think the brains in the Jacobs system was in the ECU. The entire "feedback ignition" theory of the Jacobs is a little wonky to me, but it seems to work alright.
Thanks Pishta for your input

That is an excellent and powerful coil.

Sorry to see Jacobs phased out but also happy that there tech is incorperated into the new Mallory/Accel systems.

Do NOT touch that coil when live/running. It hurts alot more than other HP coils....a LOT MORE!
Thanks Rob for your input. I think I'm going to order this coil since so many people seem to like it. I'll give some feedback after installation. Christopher

I tried looking these up, is it true they come black? That is ok with me.

It looks like you could mount an HEI module to it, not sure if the holes would match up but maybe.

Do you have a link to purchase?

-
Back