Jaeger clock?

-

French demon

Reaction score
Hi all

Another french mopar fan told me that he has a dashboard clock out of a '68 Plymouth Valiant.
Jaeger brand.
Seems odd to find an european brand clock in an american car, but not impossible.

Here is it :
Jaeger1.jpg

Jaeger back.jpg

This guy also has the Valiant original dashboard :
68 Dashboard.jpg

Is this clock original? Or an european dealer installation in 1968?
I found that a similar Jaeger clock were factory installed in Citroën DS model, from October 1968 onwards.

Last edited:
That’s cool stuff right there. The lines and number even come close to matching the dash. I bet that was dealer installed. Thank you for sharing.
Syleng1

I found this picture on the slant 6 forum. Hard to determine the clock manufacturer. Enlarging the photo didn't help, but notice the dashboard Jesus or Mary. .
1694261067220.png

Plastic Jesus, sittin on the dashboard of his car.

Since Chrysler had investment in Simca at one point, I would imagine a dealer in France installed that clock.

Since Chrysler had investment in Simca at one point, I would imagine a dealer in France installed that clock.

You're probably right.
I suppose that a customer asked for a clock in his Valiant, and a Simca-Chrysler dealer did install one.

The job has been properly done. A rectangular hole has been perfectly cut into the dash frame.
So well done that I wondered if this clock could be original.
frame.jpg

A dealer installation maybe realized by this one :
Chrysler France Paris Est.JPG

Look at the edges of the hole. Do they have factory paint there, or bare metal? Is it an export car (from here in the U.S. that is)?

I know nothing about this car. This dash frame isn't mine and I only have this picture. I will ask the owner.

Last edited:
-
Back