Jamison's '72 Dustpan

-

dodgepower

i dont take any chit
Reaction score
Finally got the '72 Duster home on Friday night. It's been sitting in a friend of my uncle Robert's (ramenth) and grandpa's storage lot for the past twelve years and it's finally come home to be worked on.

My aunt bought this car back in 1980 when she was in the Navy and stationed in TN. She sold the car to a guy who took it to Texas, blew the original 318 and had a Texas voce school rebuild an engine to go in it. They put a 360 in it, hooked to the original 904, and ran it. The guy brought it back to TN, gave it back to my aunt, and my aunt gave it to my grandpa. The engine knocked and grandpa found out they forgot to put bearings in it! He put bearings in it and drove it for a while with the vibration before building another 360 to go into it. I have my own 360 for it since the engine grandpa built it now in his and Uncle Robert's '82 Diplomat, along with the 727.

Here are some pics.

duster frt.JPG

duster rt side.JPG

duster rear.JPG

Interior will be going back to original bench seat, Chrysler white, so these F-body buckets and the F-body console will be going up for sale.

duster interior.JPG

duster backseat.JPG

duster door panel.JPG

parts that I've gotten so far. The taillights were bought at Carlylse in '96, the Ford wheels were given to me by a friend, and the air cleaner I bought at Carlylse this year. A pic of the tranny in the trunk, too.

duster taillights.JPG

duster wheel.JPG

duster air cleaner.JPG

duster tranny.JPG

Things we'll be doing over the winter: restoring the sharktooth and crating it to protect it until it's ready to go in. Tearing the car down to shell for the real start of the restoration next summer.

Looks like you are off to a good start. Don't loose focus and keep gathering parts...good luck with your project.

Whew! Wow! Jamison that Duster has made the rounds! I'm glad to see its in such good and entusiastic hands now! Like the man said, keep focused and keep imagining the final outcome.....don't get in a hurry and keep your work quality consistent. I can assure you in the end you will be very proud of your accomplishment as will others around you. Great meeting you guys in P.A. and I hope to see you all again soon! Dave

Love those 72's,still working on my Twister

thank you all. I am still focus on geting parts going to hit ebay later and look for some stuff.

Hey Dodgepower, I grew up in Penn Yan and all my family is still there. When I go to PY to see my family, I'll run down to Watkins Glen and hit the antique shops. I miss the area as its beautiful there.
Your car is going to be really nice and can't wait to see it finished.

Glad to see another a-body being saved Dodgepower. Do you and Ramenth plan on being at Windmill show? It's Oct 10 last show around here till next spring.

Glad to see another a-body being saved Dodgepower. Do you and Ramenth plan on being at Windmill show? It's Oct 10 last show around here till next spring.

I'll answer this one for the both of us: yep. Been planning it for a while now!

They're having a car show @ the Windmill?? Wish I could be there. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
I grew up 3 miles from there. Its cool to see peple from home on here.

Hey Dodgepower, I grew up in Penn Yan and all my family is still there. When I go to PY to see my family, I'll run down to Watkins Glen and hit the antique shops. I miss the area as its beautiful there.
Your car is going to be really nice and can't wait to see it finished.

Pm me when your in the area and let me know when your in Watkins. I live right in town!

Got some more work done on it today, but having problems posting pics at the moment. Pics coming later!

Thats the way to do it, looks like you have a project on your hands, good luck with it, how bad is the roof, from the pics, looks alittle ruff?

I was looking at my fender tag and found some codes that i was wondring what the ment so went looking and the (A64) i found was the gold duster and i found (G11) to be tented glass me and john found that the backlite and quarter glasses were tented the doors are not the windshield could be but im not shure.

-
Back