Javelin

-
So it looks like I have my son convinced to get the 304 that’s in the car running. It has this monsterous Edlebrock 750 cfm carb on it.
106AC5B5-1B4F-4CBC-AF86-E439160D6BCC.jpeg

The plan is to sell the Eddie 750 and get same 600 cfm Holley Street Avenger I am running on the Duster. The car also has a set of headers on it that hang super low so I have him looking for a set of exhaust manifolds as well.

As you can see from the pic above there are all kinds of vacuum tubing with half assed plugs all over. Time for a big clean up.

Last edited:
Well...........he's got a point, lol.
And have I mentioned he is a student and works very very part time in our family business? In other words he has no funds. He needs to to be swapping out this motor like he needs a hole in his head.

you are right on the money...or maybe no money.....either way, I hope he listens to the voice of experience. From what I hear, you didn't get to where you are on just your looks.

Mopar to ya'
Denny

And have I mentioned he is a student and works very very part time in our family business? In other words he has no funds. He needs to to be swapping out this motor like he needs a hole in his head.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you, just sayin' he has a point.

He does, and I suggested he get the the thing drivable, do the body work and paint. He can swap in a motor at any time ...
"Would you rather have a car you can drive, with the wrong engine, or have a Flinstone mobile, son?"

Not to mention the Chebby my wife and I provide him as his daily driver!! He's a great kid and we don't mind...
aa.JPG

Not to mention the Chebby my wife and I provide him as his daily driver!! He's a great kid and we don't mind...
View attachment 1715124848
Dragging all this nasty **** home all the time! Reminds me of someone!
No finer compliment from a child as when for better or for worse, they want to be like you...

Last edited:
Pushed the Jav inside and got a closer look at what is happening under the hood. The Mrs is not in love with another project happening.
08654040-9AD6-4E49-A6EC-98DDC22A9F80.jpeg

Going to start taking out unnecessary vacuum lines and add on electrical stuff.
ADDF8F6E-A72E-4D55-A746-AA21082BD034.jpeg

I don’t think the throttle cable is original and the kickdown rod is just laying on the intake. I think the throttle bracket on the carb is the same style the Holley will come with. I just need to find the peice that goes from the carb bracket to the slot in the kickdown.
3CBF5A88-0E95-48EB-9D48-FFC0400CDBD5.png

nah you don't need it !! it's a 727 trans put a full manual valve body in it :poke:

One of my first cars was a 69 javelin with the 290. I'll be watching this one. Thanks for posting.

New here is a paint scheme. Hides those aweful bulges on the front fenders...
0A03983E-B398-4224-93E4-68849597871E.jpeg

This is the car that won the trans am series. It’s a 70 car re bodied with 73 sheet metal. I also learned that the 304 is merely a de stroked 360!

Last edited:
I remember those 390/401s. They were tuff to beat with a 1970 Swinger 340-4spd. They had a top-end rush the Swinger couldn't touch with 3.55s. I finally bit the bullet and put some 4.10s in. Now that was a whole new car.
I always thought the Javelin could be a force, for someone with more money than me at age 17,lol. I tried to stay away from them. I went and picked on the BB Chevelles instead. They had a top-end rush too, but they had nothing but monster wheel-hop all thru first gear. By the time they got thru that chit, the Swinger was long gone. But those 390/401s, hyup they were tuff to beat from a roll-on.

Last edited:
Stay within budget , Duster Daddy.. There's a couple of reasons ,you controlling this one .
It's called " learning curve " ....:)

[FOR SALE] - 73 AMC Javelin

My son is thinking this is more than he wants to dig into at this point in his existence.

He’s looking to sell and find a running V8 Scamp or Swinger he can play with. He has his eye on one up in North Jersey...
D3D50DD8-860B-460D-ACA6-15B55CC3DE52.png

Last edited:
I seen he had it for sale on Facebook, for a decent price.

I would not mind having it, but I bought too many projects last year, I have not touched.

It is priced right if it moves and stops.

58B5978D-9E1B-4F1C-B86A-900DA1324106.png
43D9C0A6-9B7A-405B-8FC7-5C82384B3A4F.jpeg

The Javelin has been sold. Too much body work and expensive rare parts to buy.

So he is eying up this beak Dart now, lol

Last edited:
Money burning a hole in his pocket.
Those old amc part are stupid expensive.
The dart, maybe depends on what it is, but not much value for the money spent.

I have a friend here, that I bought my challenger off of has a dart sport lite, with a 6 4-speed, it is in decent shape for $2500.

-
Back