Javelin

-
There's a 69 locally I've tried to buy but the guy watches too much Barrett Jackson, can't get him off 6500. Wouldn't be bad if the garage hadn't fallen in on it, if the guy didn't start taking the motor apart "to look at it", if it hadn't been sitting in the weeds for three plus years with the windows down..i offers him 3000. and he wouldn't move.
I have a soft spot for 69-70 AMXs also. There is just something about them. Anyway, I read an article in Mopar Muscle Magazine several years ago about rare Mopars rusting away in fields/yards because the owner was either going to restore it someday, or had been watching too much TV. I know that many people have NO idea what it costs to do an excellent rotisserie restoration on a rare Mopar, but how stupid can a person be to ask $75,000 for a car that is ROUGH because he saw a nice one just like it sell on TV for $100,000.
About 18 years ago, I tried to help a friend negotiate for a 65 Impala SS. It was ROUGH, it had the wrong engine and tranny in it, bad rust, bad wiring, etc. He wanted $10K for it. At the time a nice 65 SS with auto and 327would have cost about $15K. He insisted the car only needed a little bit of work and a "quick" paint job to be worth that kind of money. I asked him what he thought a paint job including rust repair and body work would cost, and he said, "probably about $2,000.". I laughed and we left. My buddy wound up finding a fairly rough but complete 65 Impala SS 396 4 speed car for a lot less. I helped him with the restoration, but we still laugh about the guy with his $2,000 paint job estimate.

We came across a few Schwingers that look cool!! He could do up that car like this one without breaking the bank. I think it looks cool as hell, besides I'm partial to the red...
RED DART.png

How much? I have a 70 dart paid 500 bucks for. It's gonna get an '01 5.9 auto. Needs some dress up on the outside. :)
DD has first dibs, if his boy finds the right car.

D/D I have a beautiful 74 e5 (red) Duster. It looks so similar to yours. I can picture you and him in two red Dusters, but I need money for it (around 13,000.) It is a 79,000 original mile car from Califonia, and it's a slant. But so pretty! Classic car loan?

D/D I have a beautiful 74 e5 (red) Duster. It looks so similar to yours. I can picture you and him in two red Dusters, but I need money for it (around 13,000.) It is a 79,000 original mile car from Califonia, and it's a slant. But so pretty! Classic car loan?

He is cheapskate. He’ll gonthe low budget route like his old man

Go baby go
What are the specs on the beast?

The Swinger was on old lady car until this dingbat kid Aaron bought it from got his hand on it. He cut the front suspension off with a sawszall and rattle can primered the whole car.
He dragged the car to move it with the LCAs hanging and they were bent. Thanks to @zkx14 we got a nice set of LCAs heading our way.
6C8EB827-F4D3-4D7B-9455-6E4C9BF4A169.jpeg

Strut rods cut too and @AlV has those for the my son. The UCAs are bent and toast from the savagery, so we are ordering the front suspension rebuild kit from Doctor Diff. Comes with UCAs, bushings, ball joints, tie rod ends, sleeves, lower ball joints, strut rod bushings. $325.00 but well worth it I think. Need to get this old lady moving around again.
E4DB85B4-5BFE-4F9B-BA0B-58855C4F9B9F.jpeg

Aaron is going to start his own build thread soon. He’s pretty excited, me too!!

Hey Javelin.

Bye Javelin.
And welcome The Beak.

Hell, I said ten years ago on here that the only chance the hobby has of surviving is "numbers".
Try competing with Mustangs and Camaros with forhemiconvetiblecudasonly.com.
This ain't Leno's Garage or Chrysler Gold OEM , Mrs Bucket. (snit)
15 years ago I could still find grandma Dusters coming into Pull A Part.
Pound puppies nobody wanted.
I know well and good someday even parts for those may dry up even though.
I've got a box full of "spare" gauges and clusters.
At least with "numbers" people will give us options.
2141_15.jpg

But for today, it's still a hobby and not an investment.
Except in the family and people.
The most important thing.

Beaks rule.
Bring on the beak.

Ah and another beaker comes to life. I’ve enjoyed mine for sure. Gotta agree on some black and striping that hides the hood beak a bit.

The beak got hooked and is on its way to a local shop to have a Doctor Diff front suspension rebuild kit, bearings and brakes. My son is going to then work on getting the few rust areas under repair...
8DBB382E-1316-4B78-9BAA-BFD867268F17.jpeg
55531C47-6E7A-4C4A-90C5-83980D5E3EB5.jpeg

-
Back