Jay Leno Showing The GTS Dart Some Love

-
I just watched it last night too. Now someone needs to take him for a ride in a factory 340/360 4-speed A-body!

Thanks for posting. I would like to see more of the car, underneath and such. I could use a nice set of mufflers like that too, replacing the stock replacement mufflers.

Cliff Ramsdell

I sure wish my Turbine Bronze '69 GTS-383 was in that kinda shape.

Unfortunately mine fits in the "beat to death" category he described, but for good reason lol.

I sure wish my Turbine Bronze '69 GTS-383 was in that kinda shape.

Unfortunately mine fits in the "beat to death" category he described, but for good reason lol.
I used to hate that color. Could not stand it. Years later it's one of my favorite colors. There is an elegance to that color when it looks that new.

Just got a call from the lady who owned it since new, helped her restore it then Jay saw it at the MCACN show and bought it. She was so excited to see her car on the video, he called her yesterday to make sure she had seen it! It is a cool car, and great story...

Jay Leno has done a lot for our overall hobby. It's nice to see him do a car like this.

Jay Leno has done a lot for our overall hobby. It's nice to see him do a car like this.
Couldn't agree more, Leno is truly a car guy's car guy. Best part about him owning these cars is you know that they actually do get driven and enjoyed. I've always liked watching his show and seeing the great cars in his collection, as well as the ones that are not his, but featured on the program.

Just got a call from the lady who owned it since new, helped her restore it then Jay saw it at the MCACN show and bought it. She was so excited to see her car on the video, he called her yesterday to make sure she had seen it! It is a cool car, and great story...
Wow! Really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know what happened?
I watched the Hagerty documentary on the Turbine Car the other day, and he said it melted a turbine and the regenerators. It sounds like it overheated for some reason. There's an aerospace company that's taken on the replacement parts, but the regenerators are the hard part. They're very old-school high tech. Apparently, Chrysler ordered all the engineering drawings destroyed, but there are still some Turbine project engineers around who are volunteering some of their time.

I was surprised at how mean and nasty it sounded with the manifolds! I agree a 340 or 360!
i have the same car 68 gts 383 4 speed LL1 color and mine has a nice rumble to it with stock manifolds, yes i have flow master mufflers but it sounds great .

i have the same car 68 gts 383 4 speed LL1 color and mine has a nice rumble to it with stock manifolds, yes i have flow master mufflers but it sounds great .
Needs a nicer grille though...LOL..

Thanks for posting!
I loved Jay's comment, "You have to stick your hand out the window to adjust the mirror, as God intended."
I've loved this style Dart body since the original '69 340 Swinger I bought used back in very early 1970. I was so stupid to sell it years ago during a minor financial crunch.
I need to get my current '69 Dart build finished so I can enjoy driving it!

-
Back