Jazzmin is gone. :-(

-

MB43

Reaction score
Friday morning I woke up and found my beloved dog Jazzmin lying in the hallway at the top of the stairs like she did so often. Usually I'd step over her and head down stairs and she'd follow me, but this time she didn't. I went back to see what was going on and she wasn't breathing, wasn't moving. She must've died sometime during the night. She didn't look like she had been in any pain or had something happen to her during the night, she just looked like she was sleeping. She was almost 12 years old and was a purebred, I know they don't live as long as mutts.

It's been very sad here the last few days, she was a big part of this family. My wife got her for me for the first Valentine's Day that we were married (Feb '98 ), that's why we named her Jazzmin Valentine. She died the day before Valentine's Day this year.

We had her cremated and will bury her under the tree she always laid under during the summer in the backyard. I think she'd like that.

Jazzmin never met a person she didn't like. She'd jump up on everybody who'd come into the house, trying to get to their face so she could lick them. John (FASTBACK340) and his wife Amy came by here once, Jazzmin lept up onto Amy's lap and stayed there for quite a while. The fact that Amy didn't want her to get down didn't hurt I'm sure.

At 11 years old she still played like a puppy every day, she just needed to take longer naps to recharge. Thursday night we played a bit before bed, she got her usual bone and then went upstairs. She came over to me a gave me a good night kiss (lick, actually) like she always did, I gave her the normal good night petting and she went to sleep at the foot of our bed.

There's nobody banging their toys on my leg, nobody comes running when I open the drawer in the fridge where the carrots are, nobody's jumping on the back door to be let in, nobody curling up in a ball at my feet when I'm working at the dining room table. Very sad. :-(

Jazzmin0001.jpg

Jazzmin0006.jpg

This is Jazzmin trying to use some sort of Jedi mind trick on me, to make me give her some cheese. It didn't work...

Jazzmin0018.jpg

I am very sorry for your loss. Think of the good times...that will help.

My condolences. Sorry to hear about the loss and it looks and sounds like she had a great life and was truely a member of the family!

We Lost Our Blue Doberman 3 Yrs Ago And We Still Think About That Damn Dog All The Time.
He Was 10 Yrs .
I Feel Your Pain.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences. They really become an integral past of the family. She sounds as sweet as she looks. Keep your head up.

It sucks that us pet owners have to deal with that, but it is a huge part of life. I have had 4 dogs, 5 lizards and too many turtles to count live and die with me. It sucks but in a couple monthes you can start shopping around for a new dog. I really enjoy having my pets around. That unconditional love is great! Here's some pics of mine. Hemi is Dad, the big chocaolate black one with a white chest. Poly is Mom, all light brown and white and Tori RB Wrongway is the daughter (she came out backwards, the only one out of eleven pups!). She is black and white.
pups0018.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

pups0100.jpg

aa0022.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

daveyhemi-1.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

123.0017.jpg

Hemi.jpg

Sorry to hear that bud.... I had a lab for 14 yrs that passed about two yrs ago... he was by bestest friend. LOL!

When Amy came home yesterday and I told her she started to cry....

Yes, Jazzmin was a waaaaay cool dog. Be thankful she just left us without any pain or suffering. That's the way I'd want to go.

Again, our condolences to you & your family Mikel.

Sorry for your loss.

I feel your pain, we lost a White Sheperd/Lab named Morgan about 5 years ago. She was only 8 years old and we had to put her down due to kidney failure.

Pets, especially Dogs not only become a part of our families but also a part of our hearts. As long as you keep Jazzmin in your heart you will never forget her and she will always be with you.

Joe

So sorry for your loss. I think your lucky to have had such a great dog for so long. It's not easy to lose one.

John (FASTBACK340) and his wife Amy came by here once, Jazzmin lept up onto Amy's lap and stayed there for quite a while. The fact that Amy didn't want her to get down didn't hurt I'm sure.

:-(

Of course I didn't mind her in my lap - she was one of the most loveable dogs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Again our thoughts & love go to you and your family. Jazzmin will be greatly missed.

Amy

I am sorry to hear that....we lost out german shepp a few months back she was 14 as well.......luckly we have a 2 yr old shepp here to make us laugh...people always say go get another dog, not to take the place of jazz, to help w/ the healing process...hang in their...here is a few of our dog's princess 86 lbs 14yr old and Tanner 118 lbs 2 yr old

Chas pics 004.jpg

Tanner 005.jpg

Mikel, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know the pain and emptiness losing a loved pet and friend leaves you with.
Peace,
Tony

I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my pet a few years back. Just remember the fun times they brought you and your family.

I too am sorry to hear about the loss of all your friends, but have peace knowing that they are being well taken care of and are waiting to see you someday, and share all of their new favorite spots. When you get there, just pull up in the Mopar of your dreams and open the door, they'll jump right in and nestle right down beside you for the ride, after no small amount of face licking and tummy rubbing though!! God Bless all of you and your friends, Geof

The grief we experience over the loss of beloved pet is unfortunatley the price we have to pay for the years of love and devotion.. She was obviuosly loved and cared for. She'll be with you always in you memories..
Best wishes...

Sorry to hear that. I know your pain I lost a Boxer after 14 years.Wait a while and go to your local pound and adopt another friend.It will ease the pain and give a new dog a loving home... Jim

:sad6: Mikel, So sorry to hear about your pup Jazzmin. It sounds like she had a great life with people who included her in their family activities.

Cute pics and especially like the one wearing the St. Patrick's Day hat. :)

Thanks, everybody, for your kind words.

Here's a few more... she thought she was a lap dog, but she was a little too big for that.

Jazzmin0003.jpg

Jazzmin0005.jpg

PB230004 (1).jpg

-
Back