Jcwhitney Quarter panels Anyone buy these ? click the link

-
They look like the hand formed ones you could buy years ago before you could get die stamped ones..... they do not fit well if they are the same. They are best used for patches, and are better than nothing, but I would just buy a sheet of steel and make my own patches if it were me, or save up and pay double the price for die stamped ones if your quarters are that bad, same goes for the rockers. It will save you a lot of headaches even though the die stamped ones aren't perfect either, they aren't that bad. A bodyman friend told me the die stamped ones are intended to be put over top of the remaining quarter, as if anyone in their right mind would ever do that!!!! I did put one over top of a rear quarter of a Demon I was working on a few years back just to see, and it did fit over top pretty good.I did end up cutting the quarter off and installing it the right way. Does anyone have another opinion? Just my 2 cents.:evil4:

I agree with Dartnut. Dont waste your time and money. Some years ago I used to sell body supplies and panels. Sent plenty of those cheap things back and had lots of unhappy customers.

Same supplier as Cross Canada so same junk.

Would they be okay to use if you just need a patch for across the wheel lip, or are they just too much work to mess with at all?

and mine isnt really rotter i just need a patch were after the body lin is on the bottme of the rear qaurter lik only 8 inchs... i will have pictures soon !

I was curious, so I ordered one. Complete and total garbage. It was horribly thin, not curved at all, wasn't the right length, and like others said, it was hand formed in a brake or something. It was just horrible. Not even good enough for patches, which is what I was hoping for. I just wanted the wheel lip area, and there's no way it will work.

And, JC Whitney charged me $65 for truck freight, and shipped it FedEx. It was 19 pounds, including the box it was shipped in. Don't waste your time or money.

It did have a sticker on it that said made in Canada. No company name, though.

Man, what a chunk of garbage. I can't believe anyone would waste their time selling those. I mean, no one in their right mind would attempt to use it.

At Least Auto Body Specialties Lists Their Panels As Die Stamped. Laysons lists their panels as die stamped, correct gauge thickness and made in USA. If you have a problem you have a FABO member to resolve it with.
Mike

Those panels from JC Whitney are hardly what you could call a quarter panel. They don`t even resemble 1/4 panels. Absolute garbage! I bought one years ago and (unless they`ve changed suppliers) it was merely a flat piece of sheet metal with a 90 degree bend at one end. Really not even good for patches. I promptly returned it. Autobody Specialties carry the same stamped 1/4 skin that Goodmark and most others have in stock. The gauge of the metal is not as thick as factory but they`re better than nothing. I too have read that Laysons 1/4`s are factory thickness, but after talking to Rick he said that they are not. They do have some pieces that are factory thickness though like their valances. 1994rm250, if you just need small patches ,I would suggest buying the correct gauge sheet metal and make your own. The JC Whitney panels should only be used if you are restoring your Mopar while stuck on a deserted island and one washes up on shore.

Those panels from JC Whitney are hardly what you could call a quarter panel. They don`t even resemble 1/4 panels. Absolute garbage! I bought one years ago and (unless they`ve changed suppliers) it was merely a flat piece of sheet metal with a 90 degree bend at one end. Really not even good for patches. I promptly returned it. Autobody Specialties carry the same stamped 1/4 skin that Goodmark and most others have in stock. The gauge of the metal is not as thick as factory but they`re better than nothing. I too have read that Laysons 1/4`s are factory thickness, but after talking to Rick he said that they are not. They do have some pieces that are factory thickness though like their valances. 1994rm250, if you just need small patches ,I would suggest buying the correct gauge sheet metal and make your own. The JC Whitney panels should only be used if you are restoring your Mopar while stuck on a deserted island and one washes up on shore.

Not even then. This one I just got is about as thick as a Coke can. Completely worthless.

OK a question for you body guys I need to buy left and right quarterers for my 68 barracuda as I am in the UK who's do I buy ??? I do not want crap they have to be good do not want to have to send them back cause the shipping is expensive and does anyone make front wings ( sorry fenders ) for them mine are getting very thin !!!!!!!!! thanks

Beawulf, the only stamped quarter that is available for the 68 Barracudas are the ones that come from Taiwan (I think the company is named Legion). One of our largest distributors here is Goodmark. You may be able to get them directly from Legion though or a least somebody on that side of the pond. Only fiberglass fenders are available here from companys like AAR Fiberglass in Florida.

" The JC Whitney panels should only be used if you are restoring your Mopar while stuck on a deserted island and one washes up on shore."................

I would use the panel to build a boat to escape the island!
You can always come back for the car.

-
Back