Jdm turbo?

-

Ccrussell

Reaction score
Hello,
Does anyone have info on JDM turbos?
I am seeing decent prices on ebay , wondering it these are quality units? Anyone have preferences?

They are ok. Good unless you start to push them. Alot of them have ceramic wheels in them which can break apart depending on the amount of boost you run.

I have a 98 JDM toyota aristo (Lexus gs300 for North America) with a 2jz. It has a sequential twin turbo setup, spool really well but they can break apart around 20 psi. Im running 14 and they are happy. 14-15 is safe on Ct20 turbos. I know toyota and nissan have alot of ceramic ones, but im not sure about the rest. You would need bigger ones for a v8, but im not too sure about the larger ones.

Thanks. I am looking at ebay an CL. Probably will buy new. This is for slant six turbo, maybe 10 pounds max.

In my experience, the JDM ebay turbos (like the m10 and such) are decent for low power, lower boost setups. But don't expect a ton of power or reliability at higher boost though. You might want to check youtube for this. Lots of guys use these on Japanese cars mainly on stock 4 bangers and such.

I will add that while I haven't personally tested this, most pepole say not to crank more than 7 psi.

Hello,
Does anyone have info on JDM turbos?
I am seeing decent prices on ebay , wondering it these are quality units? Anyone have preferences?
I never used them but if your looking for a good turbo for the price. Borg Warner standard turbo. That's what I'm using, 10 psi spinning the tires 134 / 10.08 in a 3400 pound car.

Good to know. Trying to keep this first foray into turbo build on a budget. But of course cheap, often = doing it right the second time, that of course is wastful.

-
Back