Jeepers..... Creepers.....

-
There is a universal brake system. It's that wrench that you can't find when under a car. The one that locks up the wheel when you try and roll to the side or out to search for the wrench. It's just like when you drop a bolt or nut and it rolls to the magnetic dead center of the vehicle, exactly out of easy reach.

So true :toothy10:

I have the Summit Racing one. It is a decent ride. Fairly sturdy and as comfortable as they get. Worth the bucks in my opinion.

-RPM

6pk -
I've got the same creeper shown in the top photo from Ramcharger and love it. It's plenty strong to hold me and comfortable enough to take a nap in under the car if you get bored with what you're doing or just need to get out of the house for awhile and gonna use 'gotta work on the car' as an excuse - lol.
The tool holder pockets on the side are a nice touch and very handy.

Thanks for all the input. Can't decide.... Does anyone have any input on the creeper posted by 64dartwagon? The pneumatic wheels look like a smooth ride.....

There is a universal brake system. It's that wrench that you can't find when under a car. The one that locks up the wheel when you try and roll to the side or out to search for the wrench. It's just like when you drop a bolt or nut and it rolls to the magnetic dead center of the vehicle, exactly out of easy reach.

My universal brake system always ends up being a rock the same color as the garage floor and and about the size of a pea......and shaped like a pyramid.

It might be just me but that one seems to sit up pretty high.

I think they used to have those type of wheels offered on the "Bone" one. The CHP weight stations/safety stations people used to have ones that could be used offroad also. Looked like a plain Jane creeper with some 1/4" flat stock bent with pneumatic tires.

the bone is great if ya got long hair. ive been tied to a creeper before ,aint fun

Well........thanks for all the suggestions.

I just ordered a "Bone" creeper and it should be here next Friday. Guy gave me a good price on the model #6031 of $108. and $9 shipping.

Funny that I dissed that one when ramcharger posted a pic earlier in the thread, but after seeing a few members comment on them and checking further, it looks just right......and will arrive in time for Christmas. :-D

Here is the link to the company I ordered from if anyone is interested. They are a national distributor:

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=0205059

I liked that one too, I think they need to design a brake system on one so you don't go rolling when you start pulling or pushing on a wrench

I bet someone could come up with something

dont forget the cup holder. dont want to spill your drink.

My universal brake system always ends up being a rock the same color as the garage floor and and about the size of a pea......and shaped like a pyramid.

Just like Daredevil said, my hair used to be my universal brake system til I learned and started leaving a hair tie wound around one of the wheels. Yowwwwch!!!

Cheryl, hope that special someone loves his bone!

Hey, that didn't come out exactly right.

Just picked up the "bone" today.

Hope he likes it on Christmas morning.....fingers crossed.

He was complaining this morning about his creeper....I didn't say a word.

Cheryl, hope that special someone loves his bone!

Hey, that didn't come out exactly right.

hahahaha

Not to be a spoilsport, but... I use a piece of scrap carpet. It doesn't get caught on cracks and tools. It doesn't move when you push on a wrench. It's as low as you can go! It probably isn't much of a gift, though. ;-)

Maybe just something to soften the ride.....?

A piece of rubber..........or :-\"

Hey all, don't know why but this thread popped up in my puny little brain today. So here's a thread I found for the "stretcher" style creeper shown in Ramcharger's post: http://www.kreepster.com/index.html
The one I have has a label on it that says "Creepster" (different spelling). I bought it several years ago and don't remember how much it was but I'm certain it was way less than they want for one now.

-
Back