jegs a body exhaust system

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking into getting a premade exhaust system for my 68 Cuda. I was looking at jegs part# 555 30501.
It states to use with hooked headers. But I have stock manifolds. Just wondering if the is enough pipe to connect to the manifolds? Anyone using this system with stock manifolds thanks

I have it on my car, and there IS NOT enough to go up to the manifold.

You could get two pieces bent and have them come down to the area where headers would terminate, and run the Jeg's kit from there.

I will be within a month or so, I'll let you know. But I'm sure there's other members on here that have done it and will pitch in. You will need headpipes

I have it on my car, and there IS NOT enough to go up to the manifold.

You could get two pieces bent and have them come down to the area where headers would terminate, and run the Jeg's kit from there.
Yes that's what I was expecting... thanks

I installed the Jegs kit recently. The kit is designed to connect directly to their headers, so, as stated, they will not go all the way up to your manifolds. You need head pipes for that. I got mine from TTI. It all came together fairly well.

i think summit sells a system for manifolds and a system for headders of they did at one time .

I installed the Jegs kit recently. The kit is designed to connect directly to their headers, so, as stated, they will not go all the way up to your manifolds. You need head pipes for that. I got mine from TTI. It all came together fairly well.

I also used TTI headpipes, kind of pricy at $188.00, hooked mine up to a summit kit.
I would think the summit and jegs kits are about the same.

Hey guys anyone know if summit or jegs offer headpipes or manifold down pipes? Going to order a 2.5" exhaust system from jegs but they only offer header back kits and I am running stock manifolds. I might get stuck making my own but I do not have a pipe bender... thanks

I have been looking for my Swinger. I found a 2 1/4 kit for 340 manifolds. Dou you have a 340 or 318?

I have been looking for my Swinger. I found a 2 1/4 kit for 340 manifolds. Dou you have a 340 or 318?

383. I have the old exhaust but it looks like its 2" - 2.25". If I get stuck I might use them and add adaptors to the new 2.5" system for the rest off the year.

The only head pipes I could find were TTI. This is my 69 Dart. I have a 2 1/2 inch system. I went ahead and bought the whole kit.

I had same question couple weeks ago. I looked at all the pipe guys, tti,,, etc. no one wants to sell anything but the entire system. head pipe and the long pipe made as one pipe, FACTORY made them separately.
I have local bender doing my exhaust now, I have muffler and flanges, est cost is $200. o k so its not mandrel bent!

383. I have the old exhaust but it looks like its 2" - 2.25". If I get stuck I might use them and add adaptors to the new 2.5" system for the rest off the year.

You may be able to cut the headpipes you have now, to where headers would terminate.

Take those pieces to a muffler shop and see if they can bend two pieces that copy the ones you have.

When I put my headers on, I made cardboard templates for two pieces of pipe and took those down and had two pieces bent. Then I put my exhaust on, that was before I bought the JEGS kit.

Well ..due to fast delivery time i went ahead and ordered the flow master 2.5" UFIT universal kit #15936. I did the flow master 3" UFIT universal kit on my 68 Dart it went pretty good but I had a cell in the trunk and I had headers. The new 2.5" kit will be going on a 68 Cuda with stock manifolds and regular gastank. So i am hopping to have left over pipe to do the head pipes because the kit is a header back kit. And hopping not to have to much trouble running the rear pipes between the gastank and leaf springs. Anyone have experience with this kit on a stock A body? Thanks

I used the Jegs 2 1/2" system with Hooker headers.
System worked well, but it sure is tight around the
passenger side of the gas tank.
Probably about an 1" clearance, plenty of room on the left side.

'74 Duster with a '79, 318, bolt on parts and a small Crane cam.
Hooker headers into a Jegs 2-1/2 exhaust. Cold start and run & rev'ed.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOYMlTTecTU[/ame]

-
Back