Jegs Vs. Summit

-
summet- free and fast shipping, no tax and there website has sort options

jegs is in california so i have to pay tax when i order from them also they tend to wait a day or two to ship

I haven't had any problems with Jeg's, but I prefer the Summit website for sorting and navigation.

This usually means I'll place my order with Summit.

It personally doesn't matter to me.. Witch ever has what I want and for the best price. A lot of the parts I'm ordering I'm not in a rush to get anyway but if I were I typically go with summit because of the fast shipping but in the long run it's whatever I'm needing and the situation I'm in

Jegs website is darn near impossible to navigate. But I can always find exactly what I need at Summit. Sometimes I find the item at Summit and then buy from Jegs due to price. But usually the prices are the same, and because of the great Summit web site, I just end up buying from them.

Jegs website is darn near impossible to navigate. But I can always find exactly what I need at Summit. Sometimes I find the item at Summit and then buy from Jegs due to price. But usually the prices are the same, and because of the great Summit web site, I just end up buying from them.

True. Price is big but it's not just that that determines the sale

I tell you what. Summit has Jegs beat all to hell with how their sales people deal with the public. Summit's guys shoot the breeze and joke around with you. Real nice crew. But Jegs acts like you're nuthin but a nuisance. I swore Jegs off years ago. Got tired of them being either indifferent or just slap rude.

summet- free and fast shipping, no tax and there website has sort options

jegs is in california so i have to pay tax when i order from them also they tend to wait a day or two to ship

I received an order from Jegs this week for a couple ARP bolt kits and an Ididit column drop. They were shipped from Ohio and no sales tax. I'm in California.

Usually whoever has the part cheapest, but summit usually for stuff i get online. Then jegs for the in store.

I tell you what. Summit has Jegs beat all to hell with how their sales people deal with the public. Summit's guys shoot the breeze and joke around with you. Real nice crew.

Yeah, I called 4 or 5 weeks ago on a Saturday morning to add to an order that I had already placed. The rep that answered took my add on and then we chatted about cars for I'd guess 45 minutes, lol.

Yeah, I called 4 or 5 weeks ago on a Saturday morning to add to an order that I had already placed. The rep that answered took my add on and then we chatted about cars for I'd guess 45 minutes, lol.

That explains why I was on hold for so long.... :banghead:

I have no idea what made it natural for me to order from Jegs as a default. When I was ready to order an exhaust kit the name Jegs just seemed to just pop into my brain instantly.

I have a friend who says summit treats him real good and I have been happy with Jegs.

Who do you guys out there order from and is there any advantages that one has over the other?

The stuffed doll the OP has is adorable!
Okay, back to manly talk....I have bought from both and received great service from both. I like the layout of the Summit website better. The yellow graphics Jegs uses online is distracting.
Both have similar pricing but sometimes each will have exclusive stuff the other does not have. Last year, Jegs had these trick plastic molded Big Block windage trays with built in sealing ribs...NO gaskets needed. They shipped me the wrong one though. I needed the one for the 4.15 stroke and they sent a stock stroke version. When I called, they had already heard about the problem and admitted that orders were taken and shipped despite only the stock stroke versions being in stock. I was impressed that they were honest about the mistake. that sort of integrity is appreciated by me. I will gladly frequent a business that treats me right even if their competition has lower prices.
Being that I am 2 hours from the Reno Summit store, I usually get stuff from them. Order before noon and the stuff is often delivered before 2:00 the next day.

Jegs simply because I live near their showroom and I would rather not pay shipping. I have ordered from summit though and never had a issue.

Both companies make yearone look like a joke. I never had a order go smoothly with those clowns!

no preference, it really comes down to who has what I want and the price. Both sites are easy to find and search for parts, so no issue there for me. Both have free shipping for me, and both get parts here in no time.

I personally order most of my stuff from Summit. Jegs screwed me one time when they started going to USPS on small stuff. BUT... I called and the VP of shipping gave me his direct extension and he also set my business and personal account up where any order that is placed will automatically ship FedEx, no matter what I order. Both Jegs and Summit gets here overnight and Summit will price match. Only problem I have with Summit is that you have to call a different phone number for tech. support. Jegs you don't. But for some reason when it comes to ordering parts, my fingers almost always clicks Summit's website. Jegs ships UPS and Summit ships FedEx. either one.

Always use Summit....they're the major sponser for my favorite prostock team:D:D

Both companies make yearone look like a joke. I never had a order go smoothly with those clowns![/QUOTE]

(X2) Year one will take your money then you wait a year and one day for the parts.

i probably spend 10-1 at Summit, I like there web site the best. But I have lots of Jegs hats I got for free, and never got nothing but free log books from Summit.

Summit for me, no surprise shipping charges after coming into Canada. No "free" shipping for us,,,ever :( And I hate trying to navigate Jegs website, not as friendly.

-
Back