Jegs Vs. Summit

-
Summit. Mainly because I pass the store/ distribution center all the time. I hate waiting for shipping and Jegs is nowhere near me.

I have bought from both of them.
I have nothing bad to say about either.
Flip a coin!

I have bought from both of them.
I have nothing bad to say about either.
Flip a coin!

have bought from both(a lot) used to be a toss up, went w/ who ever was cheaper. now, shipping has been free from jegs, summit -only if it`s over $100. usually 3 days arrival. will go w/ jegs if price is the same, "READ" JEGS RUN A MOPAR PROSTOCKER ! summit -brand x
--------------------------------
being as I`m mopar all the way at heart, jegs wins hands down.

Summit is just an easier experience for me, Usually have the part in hand in 2 days. I have had good experiences with Jegs each time I have ordered.

I've done a lot of business with both and I've had great service from both. No problems with returns or exchanges.
Jegs has price matched stuff from Summit and also from Amazon.
Funny thing, I find Jegs web site to be easier to navigate.
The only negative that I ever had with Summit was when I was buying a set of wheels and tires. They only had 1 of the tires in Ohio and one in their southern warehouse. They would not ship it to Ohio to make the sale. They said that I would have to wait until they got more in stock. Guess who had them in stock and got the sale?

Ted

I've bought from both. Personally, I prefer Summit, but it has more to do with shipping to Canada than anything else. Both are great companies to do business with.

I live 45 minutes from the Summit warehouse/store and have purchased many parts there with great customer service on returns and price match. I have also ordered from Jegs and got great service from them as well. For me both are reputable but use Summit more because of location.

Jegs price match....all you do it post the lower price and the URL

gotten some good deal price matching thru jegs...especially with free shipping and no sale tax.

I have bought from both, but prefer Summit for their ease of use website. Both will price match. Summit usually ships the same day that I order and I have it two days later. One point that hasn't been brought up yet is Summit's 10% discount that they offer periodically. I saved almost $500 on a large order a couple of years ago. This is car show season, and they usually have a discount sticker on their catalogs as you enter the venue. I grabbed three catalogs last year and gave two of them out to members here.

I'm in the same boat as 70aarcuda. Summit has a whare house in Nevada so we get hit with the 8 1/4% sales tax.I use Summit when the part is needed fast.Summit has free shipping on orders above $100. Jegs free shipping no minimum. Prices are within $5 for the same item so for me it's the free shipping/no sales tax. Now when Jegs was charging shipping AND a handling fee.....No order went their way.

Summit's about an hour and a half from me. Always get stuff 1-2 days. Only time I buy Jeg's is when Summit doesn't have it, which is rare. Besides, Summit takes Paypal and I have a nice line of credit.:glasses7:

Im with the Majority, I use Summit. I've looked on Jegs site, but I get frustrated and end up going back over to Summit.

Im with the Majority, I use Summit. I've looked on Jegs site, but I get frustrated and end up going back over to Summit.

yes...jegs site is more difficult to navigate....but I usually have the part number or i look it up at summit..then plug the pn into jegs web site...and compare prices instantly...

Since PAW went away, I've ordered from both and have no complaints with either. Summit gets more of my business since I drive by their Sparks NV warehouse on a fairly regular basis. Customer service is top notch.

Kinda funny how Jegs and Summit are both based in Ohio....

I used both, one has a hub in NV, and thats faster than the other, but cant remember which one (Summit..!) . I dont normally buy new from either....my car is 50 years old. PAW was driving distance if I REALLY needed it, loved their phone book sized catalog too! I had a copy in the john....

I use both Jegs and Summit. I really have no need for superfast shipping but I'm surprised when some items shows up 2nd day from both. I will check other online sources such as Rock Auto and Advance Auto for best prices. Items I've ordered have been exactly the items I received from all so far knock, knock!

Jegs says free shipping on everything but if you don't spend enough $ they will charge you a $5 "handling" fee which is just pretty shady if you ask me.

SUMMIT...yeah I know, $100 to get free shipping, but how hard is it in our hobby to come up with a $100 order? For me it's hard to keep my order down! LOL

Maybe there will start offering 2 years of FREE Community College with a purchase.....

SUMMIT...yeah I know, $100 to get free shipping, but how hard is it in our hobby to come up with a $100 order? For me it's hard to keep my order down! LOL

You got that right. If I tell the wife I'm on Summit's web site, the first thing out of her mouth is "how much you spendin'? lmao

You got that right. If I tell the wife I'm on Summit's web site, the first thing out of her mouth is "how much you spendin'? lmao

At least that is all you get.. My wife goes and unplugs the router, then calls the bank and tells them to put a hold on all our funds.

-
Back