Jegs

-

dla4567

Reaction score
Last night I ordered a torque converter from Jegs. I ordered it online around 8:00 pm. When I came home from work today at 3:00 it was sitting on my porch. Now thats fast delivery, and shipping was free.

I immediately thought that you live in Columbus, OH and that one of the local delivery people brought it; but I see that you have a PA zipcode, so they do ship out if ordered before 9 PM. May it last a long time and God bless you. Wayne

It's good to hear about good service. I usually get good service from Summit and PAW also but they're just up the road a 100 miles or there abouts so it's expected. Oh, shipping is NEVER free....just might be included in the price of the part you purchased. To prove this, bring some packages you want to ship, over to them and ask them to ship them for free without buying anything. They'll get a good laugh out of that! That's always griped me that places can advertise things for "free" when it's just not true. "Special! just this weekend! No sales tax!" Baloney....the business HAS to send the sales tax for that item to the state. It's just that the item has been discounted the amount of the tax. Your still paying it. "Buy one and get one free!" Nonsense.....you're just getting two for the original price of what one cost. If you have to pay something to get the bonus....it's not free.....
Thanks for the rant.....I feel better now......Mark

It's good to hear about good service. I usually get good service from Summit and PAW also but they're just up the road a 100 miles or there abouts so it's expected. Oh, shipping is NEVER free....just might be included in the price of the part you purchased. To prove this, bring some packages you want to ship, over to them and ask them to ship them for free without buying anything. They'll get a good laugh out of that! That's always griped me that places can advertise things for "free" when it's just not true. "Special! just this weekend! No sales tax!" Baloney....the business HAS to send the sales tax for that item to the state. It's just that the item has been discounted the amount of the tax. Your still paying it. "Buy one and get one free!" Nonsense.....you're just getting two for the original price of what one cost. If you have to pay something to get the bonus....it's not free.....
Thanks for the rant.....I feel better now......Mark

You're obviously not a woman or you'd see things differently.

"Honey, I just bought a new car & saved $5,000 off of the list price! I used the "extra" money to buy tickets for a cruise to the Bahamas! See, the trip is free!" :toothy10:

I ordered stuff from PAW recently. It was my first order witht hem but they had the discontinued cam I wanted. Not only did they call me about installation issues they thought I had, but they also took $50 off the cam's cost without telling me. I saw it on the slip. It was the call that really impressed me. They were concerned the parts wouldnt work together and so they called. Wicked cool in my book. They have a new repeat customer in me. They are nto as cheap as some, but the level of servie for a 1st time internet shopper was superb.

I should add my "normal" order of vendors is Mancini, Summit, Jeg's, and PAW. Mancini is still first...lol.

Just bought a kitchen sink, a faucet for said sink, a lav faucet and sink for the kids bathroom. Here is what prices looked like:

Kohler "Sea Salt" finish 'smart compartment' sink- $850
Grohe single-handle kitchen faucet w/sprayer attachment-$485
Kallita ceramic-disc cartridge lav faucet-$267
Kohler custom "Designer series" lav sink-$393

Out the door I got everything for $1060.44. How? I work on a software campus that orders millions of dollars in parts every year from them, so this is just a way to show appreciation. They still made plenty of money off me, just as Jegs, Summit, et cetera does off all of us. Nothing is free...

Rock Auto is very quick with shipping , ordered a cat for the van and got it in 1 day

I get similar service from summit as I live in California. and they are about 4 hours away in Nevada. I order parts request ground shipping and usually get My parts the next Day .What an amazing time we live in . Remember mail order ? Send off a check and wait anxiously for weeks for your items to arrive .

I get similar service from summit as I live in California. and they are about 4 hours away in Nevada. I order parts request ground shipping and usually get My parts the next Day .What an amazing time we live in . Remember mail order ? Send off a check and wait anxiously for weeks for your items to arrive .
Or how Year One used to be....take a 1000 orders for a part and then start tooling up to make it after all the orders roll in!
Mark

When I say that shipping was free I relize that nothing is free, but the torque converter that I bought was more expensive everywere else I looked and they all charged shipping on top of that. As for Year One I've got nothing good to say about them, so I'll say nothing at all. I have had good service from PAW, I lost the cam card that came with my cam. When I called them they e-mailed me a new one in minutes.

I ordered stuff from PAW recently. It was my first order witht hem but they had the discontinued cam I wanted. Not only did they call me about installation issues they thought I had, but they also took $50 off the cam's cost without telling me. I saw it on the slip. It was the call that really impressed me. They were concerned the parts wouldnt work together and so they called.

I remember ordering from PAW back in the mid 80's and times must've changed. Needless to say there was no real public internet then so everything was done by phone. It took 3 months to get to me and thier rebuilt crank was nothing but a polished used POS, not even reground. It varied by a .001 over the journals easy. Everything else I did buy was right though and they had stuff that just could not be found anywhere else back in the day. I never forgot that crank though.....

-
Back