jensen interceptor

-
Either way. They are pretty rare. I wonder about how many of the 6400 made were imported to the u.s. that thing weight in at like 3500 (?) I think. With a 440....... screamin' I'm telling you guys all it needs is slicks

They are smogger low compression 440's. And they are 3900 lbs. Not screamer cars. I've seen them in a few shops around here getting work done.

The did make some six pack ones: Interceptor SP. Those are the highly sought after ones. They did 0-60 in around 6.4 sec.

http://www.gbclassiccars.co.uk/jensen_interceptor.html

There was a reclusive old guy that lived in a neighborhood close to ours that had an old first run Jensen Interceptor. It was like a 52-53 model. He kept it in an attached garage to his house that had dirty old windows in it. He'd run us off lookin at it all the time.

A friend let me drive his rhd Jensen. Cool car but not as fast as one would think.
I believe the euro car that used the early hemi was Facel Vega. They are gorgeous!!

Wow!! This thread brings back a lot of memories. Growing up in the UK in the 60s & 70s I saw a few Interceptors & made it one of my dream cars. I knew even then it had a huge engine because of the beautiful sound they used to make (and still do).

A friend of my fathers had an FF for maybe a year, but got rid of it because of electrical issues & the amount of gas it drunk.
He used to say. "Jensen, powered by Mopar, wired by Satan" . Still an awesomely cool car, as is it's predecessor the CV8

I had the challenge of restoring a pair of the Jensen valve covers a few years ago for one of our members here. They'd been coated in the past -- wayyyyyyyyyyyy coated -- so much that it left CRATERS!! Here's a couple "before" pictures of how they looked on arrival.

View attachment 001 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 002 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 004 - Copy.jpg

They now enjoy custom engraving, many hours of polishing and a cleared black wrinkle finish.

View attachment 023 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 015 - Copy.jpg

View attachment Finished! (6) - Copy.jpg

Jensen Healeys used the 331 Chryslers. Jensen bought the finished cars from Austin-Healey and worked their magic shoehorning them in. Sold like hotcakes across the pond....

Welcome back David! Nice to see you make an appearance around here again. I thought you were dead (seriously -- no response to emails or phone calls??) and your parts now have new homes. I hope this finds you doing well.

Catch the episode on Wheel Dealers where they refurbish a Jensen Interceptor. Mike and Ed fawn over the big-block Chrysler engine. I recall their's had a 383.

Why do the English drink warm beer? :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

:blob:

They have Lucas refrigerators!!! \\:D/:toothy7: #-o

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.

The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.

There are T-shirts around the Brit bike community that quote Mr. Lucas: "A gentleman does not motor about after dark". Our best way of describing the electrical systems on the bikes was "Lucas Mucas"!

-
Back