Jep autoworks in hemet ca is horrible come on in

-

bignasty123

Reaction score
Ok took my valiant there 2 weeks ago to work out bugs on the dyno. We couldn't get it to run right had some sort of ignition or wiring issue. But picked up 40 rwhp so that's the positive. My front seal starting pissin oil so we stopped . I had to leave it there for a few days and he said he would get too it. He was gonna fix the seal . But I always work on my own cars but figured for 60 bucks ill take a break.

First week I had to call him., he made up some excuse about he was busy. I let it slide. So this last week called him Thursday , he made some excuse and stated its still popping thru the exhaust. I told him to just to get it running right ill do all the hard work at my house. I was thinking I whiped a cam lobe. Oh btw my car wasn't right and I paid him 500 to this point for crap not right work.so I called him this morning

And told him I was gonna pick up my car. He was saying he worked on it for 4 hours and it was ignition issue he still can't pinpoint the problem. I said that I was gonna get it.he wanted more money and I was stern and stated I wouldn't pay another dime we are even because my car wasn't right

So in my way home I stopped by pep boys speed shop picked up msd cap and rotor....wow rotor fixed it it runs amazing. ...don't ever do work with this guy.he is not a good person. I don't trust anyone on my car I built. Next time if I choose to tune my car I'm getting a wideband and do my own tuning. Shops these days are so shady it's not the American way. Honest hard quality work is the American way. Sorry just had to vent.

On a positive note me and my buddy pulled the front balancer and cover off fixed the leak and I have my baby back in my garage. Off to fontana in apr

This is why I do as much as I possibly can on my own! I hate reading this stuff, it happens all too often.

Dyno's play a very important role in this hobby,It's finding a good one that's the problem once you do the information is priceless,I've had my Harley on numerous dyno's and the duster has been on a few Dyno pulls .

Exactly!!!! Too many people stroke off on dyno numbers, F that piece of paper get the thing down a track quick!

Man, I gotta say, I agree 100% about that! I see lots of builds, even on here, where a guy posts huge HP numbers from some big name shop, but never back them up. But they brag all day about there HP numbers....

Yeah my car before the dyno ran 7.40 at 90mph.....I just used it for what it is a tool wanted to see peak hp and tq to optimize my set up. I picked up 40 whp and some tq. So I know that it will run faster. It's just sad I today's world that u can make passes and jet changes outside of ur town because the honda kids ruined it for all of us guys. They made it so strict that we cant tune our cars before the track.

I'm done with dynos, installing a wideband this weekend and ill do my own tuning.

Sorry to hear that. I have to agree, I built my car, I built my motor in my garage and I don't want ANYONE else to fix anything on it...that way if anything breaks I'm the only one to blame.

The dyno is a tuning tool, nothing more in my opinion. I have no idea what my motors actual horsepower is...and I really don't care. I hear WAY too many people running their mouths saying their car makes 5,6, or 700 hp but with no time slip to back it up (Chevy guys are the worst, lol). For example:

At a test and tune (street car night) a couple years back I talked to a guy with a nice GTO that claimed he made 670+ horsepower on the dyno (supercharged). Well, at the end of the night they did a little run off of the fastest street cars on the track that night. 4 cars were picked to run heads-up, but only the GTO guy and myself showed up in the lanes. So we raced Heads-up for the prize (tickets to the up-coming NHRA race). He still kept talking about ALL the power his car made, bla bla bla. I told him that he had probably 150 hp more than me for sure, but I would try to make it a good race all the same. I left the line with the wheels in the air and he never even got close......he ran 11.40 ish....with 670+ hp DYNO PROVEN horsepower........HAHAHA, yeah right! I think my pile ran 10.89 that night thanks to a crap starting line with all the street cars dragging water through the lanes.

-
Back