Jerry's dual speaker bracket pics.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Did some work on this bracket and its ready to mount. I mounted the speakers and found the raised 'tweeter' cones stuck up a bit too far. I added a bolt onto each screw and re-mounted. This left a gap. I picked up some single sticky side foam at Lowes and used this 3/8 X 1/2 on the speakers to fill the gap and to not allow the sound to go out through the opening. I also used 3/4 X 1/2 foam on the bracket so there is no metal to metal 'buzzing'. I will be using 6 X 9s in the back and since my car has a white interior I painted the covers the same color with SEM dye to match the package tray. Also not shown in the pictures is the 'limiters I will be using to keep these speakers from being overdriven from the stereo power. I cant wait to hear what it sounds like. Anybody else buy one of these brackets? Thanks,
Chas.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 004.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 005.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 003.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 006.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 254
Do you have any pics of this installed? And instead of cuttin huge hole in the package tray cover just mount the 6x9s from the underside. I did that and have the package tray with the speaker slots in it.

I did the same thing. I bought my brackets from a FABO member. I was replacing my dash pad and it was the perfect time to install the speakers. I went Infinity Kappa all around. The car rocks. I have an extra sub and amp laying in my garage, so that goes in this winter. You will like it. You did a fine job. I didn't insulate my top, but I think I will do that this winter as well after looking at yours.

I have a Dart Sport and my package tray has no strength to hold speakers, so I bought some nice 6X9 boxes and an Alpine amp to run them. They work slick pointing up.

The 6x9s that were in my duster held just fine in the pakage tray. Unless you have a foldown rear seat then you cant put them in the tray.

I used Jerry's bracket to mount some MB Quart 3 1/2" co-axials in my dash. I have 6 1/2 Quart speakers in the kick panels and 6x9's in the package tray. An Alpine amp pushes the four speakers plus a JL sub in the trunk. I run the dash speakers off of the Alpine head unit. Sounds goods.

In before someone says "The only music I need comes from my V-8" !!!

-
Back