Joey's 360

-

Brian Hafliger

Reaction score
403HP and 438TQ using EQ/IMM heads, 9.6:1 and a comp 268XE cam.

Attachments

• joey 360.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 466
Very nice. Sounds like a good cruiser engine that will light up the tires when needed. What size double pumper is on it?

Hold up a minute, are you talking about FABO's Joeychgo?

Good numbers for a 268xe cam. Great street cruiser.

Very nice. Sounds like a good cruiser engine that will light up the tires when needed. What size double pumper is on it?

It's an old 750 that we went through...no not him. Joey's a member here....

Made more than I guessed on both. Should be a strong runner in the car.

Very nice, I enjoyed this. I looked up your cam specs, and it looks like it did great in your engine. http://www.compcams.com/v002/Pages/388/XE268H-10.aspx I noticed they predict the peak HP to be at 350 hp at 5000 rpm and your peak tourque at about 410 and 4000 rpm so the dyno test was almost right on the money (although you blew the HP out of the water by an extra 50HP!) I can say from recent experience that you will LOVE your new engine. Mine dyno'd at almost the same (423HP AND 408 tourque) Who built your engine? What car are you putting it in? What trans are you going to run? What rear end gear are you going to run?

I'm Joey. He's talking about ME! LOL :)

Very nice, I enjoyed this. I looked up your cam specs, and it looks like it did great in your engine. http://www.compcams.com/v002/Pages/388/XE268H-10.aspx I noticed they predict the peak HP to be at 350 hp at 5000 rpm and your peak tourque at about 410 and 4000 rpm so the dyno test was almost right on the money (although you blew the HP out of the water by an extra 50HP!) I can say from recent experience that you will LOVE your new engine. Mine dyno'd at almost the same (423HP AND 408 tourque) Who built your engine? What car are you putting it in? What trans are you going to run? What rear end gear are you going to run?

Brian (OU812) of IMM Engines in Indio, CA built the engine. He is a great listener when you're informing him of what your expecting out of the engine and vehicle as a whole, then he builds the engine to suit. I'm amazed at how well he listens and retains what you tell him. I'm the opposite. I can't remember a dang thing! I forget stuff as soon as you tell me.

I think Brian can probably explain this better. I'm only going to make an assumption that the good numbers was because of the whole combination of parts (heads, cam, intake, pistions, quench, carb, etc) was pretty well matched, in my opinion at least. Oh, and can't forget the quality machine work and engine building out of IMM Engines. Gotta have that to build a good reliable engine!

The way Brian sets up the heads (either Indy/RHS or Engine Quest heads), they flow very well. Considering that these are Magnum heads using 1.6:1 ratio rocker arms (stock ratio for a magnum), the lift of the cam is increased a little providing more flow. These heads can use LA intakes so I was able to use my Edelbrock AirGap intake and old Holley 750 double pumper.

This is going into a '74 Duster that is currently in the body shop still. I have two rear ends right now. I have the original 8 1/4" open with 3.21 gears and I have a B-body 8 3/4" open with 2.76 gears. I'm thinking of using the 8 1/4" until I can get the 8 3/4" rebuilt with a 3.23 or 3.55 gears and a sure grip.

As far as transmissions go, I have the original 3 speed manual and I also had an 833 4 speed rebuilt but I need linkages, shifter, and handle to go with it.

Oh, I also have a set of Doug's headers to go on it too.

Great choice, on engine builders. That combination, will deliver more than you expected. Good luck, on hooking it up.

-
Back