Johns Wife Racing her Demon

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
468B4962-275C-46F9-9232-D85EF83A0564.jpeg
i told you guys several months ago about a Friend of mine passing away from cancer. Well his wife has owned a Demon for years and just updated it with new wheels and tires. she went to Keystone tonight for test n tune and ran a 14.20 something on her first pass in years. I’m not there so she asked what to try on her next pass so I tried to explain staging with the rpm a little higher than idle. Hopefully she gets a 13 second pass in her sharp Demon.

Nice. Looks like it's hooking good, 1.9 is good for a 14 second car. What engine, gears ?

Very cool, but, now we need to see more of the car and the back story on it. Need something fresh to read about.

good looking car for sure, and good friends to help her get better at racing, good times .

I didn’t see her second pass but she told me the reaction time was better and the pass was slower. Lots going through her head tonight and I’m betting terrible air too.

I asked her engine details and this is all she knows.

I don't mind at all. The engine is the 340 of course, a couple little things done to it. A little bit better cam, Rhodes hydraulic lifters, Holley carb, I think the 750. Rear gear, don't know. A better converter, not too exotic, streetable. Ratio, your talking mechanic now, really don't know. I have to imagine there's a way to figure it.

Nice looking car for sure. Makes me rethink the stripe color on mine. Best of luck to her, sorry for the loss of your friend.

My heart is with her as she drives in her life’s road with her husband watching over her. Lots of emotions I’m sure, but she’s doing it, and that’s what really matters!

My heart is with her as she drives in her life’s road with her husband watching over her. Lots of emotions I’m sure, but she’s doing it, and that’s what really matters!
Very well put. I never know what to say about things. I wish her the best.

sad backstory, very nice Demon, beautiful sunset ... looks like fun

-
Back