Junkyard Injector Interchange

-

onig

I love driving my BBD
Reaction score
I am guessing that all the Gen 3 Hemi injectors can interchange physically.
I am also under the impression that they are High Z injectors.

So does anybody know if bigger injectors from other vehicles will fit in the new Hemi?
Looking for injectors from 60 to 100 lbs/hr.

I tried searching the site, but no luck.
Has anybody gone through this exercise?

Thanks

Not sure how much of a concern it might be, but the Hemi injectors also have a longer tip on them than a lot of standard injectors. It mattered more on my ModMan intake due to the thickness of the casting and the hole I had to drill for them, but on a standard intake it may not be as big of an issue. I got a set of Ford Cobra injectors with my computer setup that would physically fit in the holes fine, but the tip was right near the lower o-ring of the injector. This would have had to shoot through a smaller hole in my intake, also like shooting it straight into a tube and I was worried it might disrupt the spray pattern. The factory injectors have a long tip that sticks through the hole and into the intake runner.

They do have projected tips stock. Im going to use 80lb Deka's since EFISource recommended them over 500hp. Unless they spray 90 degrees to the tips they will be fine with my factory 6.1 intake.

I put the Deka's in the stock intake and the tip was not that far above the bottom of the intake. The factory injector actually protrudes out of the intake. I am using the aeromotive rails, they bolt to the factory location but the deka injectors have a longer body and had to build spacers to under the mounts.

-
Back