Jury is in..... Holley Street Dominator vs. Factory Cast

-
You learn everytime you run it! Did you say you ran a 1" spacer on 1 intake and not the other? You can get a bunch out of the stock intake, but that being said I would KILL to take 30+lbs off the nose!
The factory cast had the "square bore to spread bore" aluminum spacer that's about 3/4 inch thick. The SD has a plastic 1 inch spacer so the gas line going into the carb don't hit an "unused" mount.

Grind down that unused mount and see if there is any difference between using a spacer versus none. Going to be trial and error in tuning but there could be some hidden horsepower there

Grind down that unused mount and see if there is any difference between using a spacer versus none. Going to be trial and error in tuning but there could be some hidden horsepower there
I just ordered the 1/2" plastic spacer to replace the 1" I used. I'll see what that does.

Can do that with the 1/2", curious how it would react with no spacer at all. Slight differences in plenum and runner volume may affect the torque curve and where it peaks

5606091_L_2c2537e4-55f2-4ef7-9b16-5b7831a4ce4e.jpg
:thumbsup:

I just ordered the 1/2" plastic spacer to replace the 1" I used. I'll see what that does.
My money, this single plane manifold,wants the 1/2 inch. Driven a couple,amazing how,responsive they are,with older action cams. Jmho,tune it...until peak.

My money, this single plane manifold,wants the 1/2 inch. Driven a couple,amazing how,responsive they are,with older action cams. Jmho,tune it...until peak.
Tune it..... until it peaks.....

Got it in the mail today...... Going to cut the size of the spacer in 1/2.
P.S. - It think it's a no-name. Bolt holes fit tight over the studs. The studs they gave with it were too short, about 3 threads out of the carb base... LOL Ebay special, gaskets, hardware, and spacer for 15 bucks free shipping :D
Bottom line is it works, just had to use different studs than what they provided

DSCN0910.JPG

DSCN0911.JPG

Last edited:
When I was using a Street Dominator on my 340, I bent both fuel feed to carb inlet tubes. My recollection is that I always ran with a 1/2 inch phenolic spacer, but maybe for a little while it had the thicker Holley insulating/spacer gasket. These were about 1/8 thick and extended under the fuel bowls. If I can find a pic, I'll add it.

I went out of town and played around a little with the new 1/2 inch spacer installed instead of the full inch. Definitely didn't hurt. Honestly, my seat of the pants (all the years.... practice makes perfect :D) is pretty good, and I just can't believe this car lost MPH. I only had the one run as the track was super packed and I didn't stay for a 2nd run. I'll be giving it another whirl..... hopefully before the season ends.

-
Back