Just a ride along in my 170/6

-
What would you change your name to Mike?
Treemike?
Lmao!
That is funny right there :D I have a picture for it then :toothy8:

Nice video Mike! Like you I learned how to drive with a three on the tree. It was a 53 ford pick up. Latter in life my Dad had a Bronco with a 302 and a three on the tree in it. I had it out and was throwing power shifts in it to show off and pulled the shifter out of the column.
I was sure scared to tell my Dad what i did, but all he said was "Oh I did the same thing a while back"

I here that Stan, I know the felling :eek:ops: 69 ford 2?? straight 6 and the column broke at the pin :tongue9::eek: :D

Like your dad I just stuck it back in place and drove on home :cheers:
Scared the baggeppies out of me, I threw it in 2nd and there it was on the floor.

I also learned to drive on 3 on the trees. I remember one truck my Dad has 67 plane jane Chebby with a stock rack and Studebaker hubcaps. But it had a 327 4brl and 3 spd on the tree. We rebuilt that 327 and boy was it a sleeper. That was a nice shifting 3 on the tree too.

Mike, here you go:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-bM1sm5us"]Andrew at Sac - YouTube[/ame]

Mike, did I ever show you this one?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMlCIbmiXJE"]Andrew Howard 62 Valiant - YouTube[/ame]

I have showed these Videos to a few folks Kidd I keep up with your family racing I wear your T-Shirt to my APA Pool League night, most of the other folks have there Harley Motorcycle shirts and I have FABO and Howards Killer Bee shirt :cheers:

Attachments

• 249743_4460035860370_1753995894_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 216
I found it Kidd, I knew I had a picture of it some where :cheers:
:happy2::happy2::happy2: :happy2::happy2::happy2: :burnout:

Attachments

• Howard%20Family%20Racing%20gift%20002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 214
Some guys have all the fun! ...I also replaced the shift lever on my Sweptside

Some guys have all the fun! ...I also replaced the shift lever on my Sweptside

Good morning Pete, The 69 ford had a pot metal collar :banghead: that could not be welded to fix it, a trip to a salvage yard to fix the farm truck I was driving, better than crawling down a strawberry row :D
Is your 59 shifting collar made of steel, or is it pot metal also ?

Good morning to you sir, It is steel and was previously welded, bought a parts truck for the needed parts,this being one of them,for its restoration. Do you have a cup holder? No power steering and 3 on the tree makes for some interesting early morning coffee stops. LOL

Good morning to you sir, It is steel and was previously welded, bought a parts truck for the needed parts,this being one of them,for its restoration. Do you have a cup holder? No power steering and 3 on the tree makes for some interesting early morning coffee stops. LOL

Yes Pete it does make for some interesting drives :D But it's zero to no traffic when I get out :D I am sure you already know Victoria don't need power steering. even sitting still it is easy, on a role its a one finger tuner :happy1:
well almost :D She shifts her self just about, I keep white lithium grease on her linkage, Looks like the sun is calling me to go out and enjoy a ride to NAPA today, I need a couple fittings for my dual pot MC. I will wait till after the lunch hour rush :glasses7:

Thanks for the ride, I love the engine sound... Cool car!

It's a happy little 6 ain't it :D Thank you :glasses7:
This was my first pass with excitement :D
Please look over my slip of the tongue:eek:ops: my open rear end biting ?
I was overly surprised to get a sure grip hit :burnout: and
and :drinkers:....well I had a good day finishing my carb/intake/dual 2 to 1
:glasses7:yes one new exhaust :idea1: and had a camera and a couple cold frosted mugs .. Tequila was involved :drinkers:
My neighbor new what I was doing :icon_smi:.

This is a different video and at the end of it I said I better shut this girl down and do a check list :happy8::happy8: She has kept me on the road every since :glasses7: heck, my first 50' if you look :icon_smi: I was proud of :D
I think I hit 45 at the 60' mark ( lawn mower )

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agPNDXwO79c"]Memike2010 fun 027.avi - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back