Just a wild idea I'm getting

-

pharmboy

Reaction score
Well, we've all seen the various ways people have come up with to make their leaning tower of power compete with V8s. Turbocharging is popular, as is the occasional supercharger. Now, I've found out that the eaton M90 blower is fuel-tolerant(it can be used draw-through) with a carburetor. The outlet isn't much larger than a 4-bbl carburetor, and with a bit of adapter plate work, I think it could be mounted to a modified 2-bbl factory intake. The question would be: How would you get the carburetor to the rear inlet? Would it be possible to have a plate fit over that, mill the top of the blower case flat and then cut/mount a carb plate on top? It's a roots-style blower, so I'd think that the inlet position wouldn't matter, so long as a comparable case volume were provided between the carburetor and the lobes of the rotors. Well, for now this is just pipe-dreaming, but I'd more than welcome input from anyone.

I concern with the carb on top idea. I think the cut and direction on the rotors in blower are shaped to draw from the rear and force downward. I think the carb on top would have it forcing the mixture to the front of the case?

Either way, think about building an an elbow that connects to under side of carb, and then over to inlet of blower. The carb would sit between master cylinder, and blower inlet?

The roots blower just works in a single direction, not like a whipple twin-screw design. Even if the rotors are helical, it's designed to force the fuel-air mix downward. Although, casting an adapter elbow/plenum would be considerably easier than butchering the blower case, especially the honing the interior and fitting the rotor vanes with oversized teflon inserts to insure compression. Not sure how much clearance that would leave...any more thoughts on this anywhere?

Oh yeah...the Yella Terra blower...it's about the size of an M90, although I've not actually found a price on them yet...

-
Back