Just another USPS rant post

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Sent a $40 usps money order to cover purchase and shipping of 4 dog dish hubcaps from NC to Cali. Sent it in a pre stamped envelope to a resi address right from the lobby of the post office. Pushed it into the slot saying domestic mail. 13 days later the recipient still has not received it, we've been texting every 2 days on status. So I told her I'll just stop payment on the lost money order, get a refund and send her another, she said sounds good. Not so fast....you can't stop payment on these. And they charged me $13.90 for a "money order inquiry" to see if the money order has been cashed. I'll "get a call" in 5-7 working days with the status of the money order. And if it has been cashed they will fax or email me a scanned copy of the cashed MO, been there before. But if it has not been cashed, then what happens? My lady still has not gotten it, ie lost in the mail. Will they then refund my money? I'm so tired of people selling stuff online and not accepting digital payment. Zell is free, venmo is free, take it or leave it PayPal to friends...free. My new policy, take Electronic funds or nothing, sorry but I have lived without your product for 54 years and you not taking my electronic payment is your loss, not mine. Ok rant over.....I did have a money order refunded to me after it was illegally cashed by a roommate but it took 6 months and affidavits from both party's involved. I'm glad they played ball as it takes 2 to tango when you have to make this happen. If the other party doesn't want to sign some documents stating the facts (under purgery) your SOL. Anyone in the post office wanna comment on this? Did the clerk do me right or wrong?

20221123_124710.png

exactly why i prefer paypal payment when i'm selling. i get paid instantly. when buying i prefer paypal because i get cheap protection and the seller gets paid instantly.. if someone doesn't take paypal i just don't buy from them.. there have been a number of times on this site that i saw something i'd have liked to have (didn't need it) and the seller wouldn't take paypal so it went unsold for quite a while before it was sold or forgotten about..

Vendors, if you don't accept electronic funds please state this in the ad and save everyone some time, including yourself. And as a seller, do you wanna wait around for a 'lost' money order to show up or the buyer contacting you 5 days later telling you some sob story about how he couldn't come up with the money this week but "please hold it and i will send it after 3 more paydays"? F that, been there here more than once too.

It'll still get delayed or lost. Good wisdom from a previous generation of transactions.

i just sent a usps m/o to paypal to pay off my debt. i paid the 10.00 to get a tracking number. without fail it always gets lost in seminole/orlando. you can check the status of your money for free on the usps site. it will tell you if it has been cashed or not. after 30 days you can then get your money back, so says the postal lady. i sent mine 3 weeks ahead of due date and it finally got there 2 days before it was due. some real lazy azz basteed's in the usps.

A couple of days ago we got our neighbor's registered mail from their bank. Bank paid $8 to send an envelope signature required delivery confirmation and it was sitting in our mailbox. Yay USPS!

i just sent a usps m/o to paypal to pay off my debt. i paid the 10.00 to get a tracking number. without fail it always gets lost in seminole/orlando. you can check the status of your money for free on the usps site. it will tell you if it has been cashed or not. after 30 days you can then get your money back, so says the postal lady. i sent mine 3 weeks ahead of due date and it finally got there 2 days before it was due. some real lazy azz basteed's in the usps.
GTFO...really? So I paid $13 for nothing???? Aw, F this! YUP (online) "money order has been sold but not cashed..." So WTH did I pay for? ..Now I'm really miffed! I'd be worse off if someone didn't give me a $20 tip today.....But hey, some people are not even eating tonight so what have I got to complain about?

GTFO...really? So I paid $13 for nothing???? Aw, F this! YUP (online) "money order has been sold but not cashed..." So WTH did I pay for? ..Now I'm really miffed! I'd be worse off if someone didn't give me a $20 tip today.....But hey, some people are not even eating tonight so what have I got to complain about?

Go talk to the postmaster in that office.

I think I might just unload on the person that calls me with the promised update. If I paid 13 for a phone call to tell me what the website says , they will be hearing it.

Yea. And some *** hole buys from you and pay with Paypal and then then files a complaint with them saying what you sold them was not as advertised and paypal takes the payment you deposted in YOUR checking accout!!! You are out the payment and no one makes the asshole send it back as they ere supposed to.

not wanting to throw gas on the fire but this is how you can check usps m/o without going to the p/o. this will ONLY tell you if m/o has been cashed. you have to be sure to add the extra zero behind your zip code.

20221124_162946.jpg

20221124_162957.jpg

The post office number is also on the money order receipt. Wish I knew this Tuesday at noon.

Yea. And some *** hole buys from you and pay with Paypal and then then files a complaint with them saying what you sold them was not as advertised and paypal takes the payment you deposted in YOUR checking accout!!! You are out the payment and no one makes the asshole send it back as they ere supposed to.
That's just Dirty...

UPDATE>>>>> she just got the money order in the mail this morning post dated Nov 10! Only took 21 F'n days to get there...about right....and I still have not got my $13 "phone call" from USPS.

I had a package sent thru USPS that went from Tx to NJ, I found out it sat in a PO center in NY for almost a month. I forget now if I was the sender or receiver. A small package.
I guess they don't "lose" bigger ones!!?? ha

-
Back