Just because......

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tom, aka @Dartnut, (Hi Tom! :thumbsup:) stopped by this afternoon to play with his Valiant. Slowly but surely this baby is getting closer to being on the road. In fact, it’s basically there. I just thought I’d post a couple pics. It is a super cool little ‘69 in my opinion! It’s fun to help with and just sit around discussing our cars. I’m lucky to have buddies like him.

A6CB1027-D947-4385-96D5-9455CE76A7A4.jpeg
7496AF57-4830-4093-8392-C02C95EEAF56.jpeg

Last edited:
Tom, aka @Dartnut, (Hi Tom! :thumbsup:) stopped by this afternoon to play with his Valiant. Slowly but surely this baby is getting closer to being on the road. In fact, it’s basically there. I just thought I’d post a couple pics. It is a super cool little ‘69 in my opinion! It’s fun to help with and just sit around discussing our cars. I’m lucky to have buddies like him.

View attachment 1715817057 View attachment 1715817058
Lucky!! Dartnut is one of the cool ones. I love the valiant, I have the exact car but in a 4 door version. :thumbsup::usflag:

Neato little car! I do like it! Looks like you gotta special space out there too!

OK, I like the car and the other cars but I drool over the playground. Four cars visible, organization is evident, and the wall art is top notch! Big bonus is the fact that the photos are taken from the second level!!!

OK, I like the car and the other cars but I drool over the playground. Four cars visible, organization is evident, and the wall art is top notch! Big bonus is the fact that the photos are taken from the second level!!!
Yeah, it's a pretty sweet place, first time I entered it I told George that I was never going to leave. Lol

Thanks for posting this super secret spy photo, George!
(There's nothing like letting the cat out of the bag) lol.
And also thank you for letting me work on the car in your fabulous shop.
You are a great friend for doing this.
I was thinking of posting a build thread on the car soon, but it looks like you beat me to it.....
All I will say for now is that the paint will be left as is and the car is/will be a stock engined driver.
Nothing trick or fancy.

Did anyone notice the Hemi orange '71 Challenger R/T project in the top left of the photos?
That's going to be a nice car when it's done and it belongs to the shop owner/o.p.
The red Nova is a nice car too with a great history.

I could sit there and B.S. about cars forever and look at projects and parts over a few cold ones with ya, George....

:lol:

I couldn't resist Tom. It just has the cool factor all over it. It will be an awesome daily driver.......right away. I especially like the patina roof and how it "fades" :D onto the trunk. They can't replicate that. It's just too real. That's why I had to post the shot from above. I know eventually you might start a thread on the car and its history, but it has been a while since I posted a shot of it here......

890FA528-E967-4CFD-A0C7-DF61A98BA59C.jpeg

and yes, we do a bit of BSing........probably more than actual work!

Last edited:

I couldn't resist Tom. It just has the cool factor all over it. It will be an awesome daily driver.......right away. I especially like the patina roof and how it "fades" :D onto the trunk. They can't replicate that. It's just too real. That's why I had to post the shot from above. I know eventually you might start a thread on the car and its history, but it has been a while since I posted a shot of it here......

View attachment 1715817226
No doubt about it, that is a very cool car and will be a great driver.

whats the story on that nova? always wanted one.
Hey Joe. The Nova was mine about 30 years ago. Life changes had a move involved so I gave it away. Yes gave, but to a cousin. It sat in his field for the whole time until he passed away. RIP Fred. He was into the 30's cars, not the newer stuff. Thankfully, he never sold it off either. I got it back and it is now an inspection away from the road. It is a 73 but I put a 70 style grill on it.

Last edited:
Yes !! This thread put a big smile on my face men.
Very nice shop and yes, I like the nova, had 72 in blue myself, traded it straight across for this daily driver Challenger. My two sons 37 years ago:lol:
Thanks again :thumbsup:

FB_IMG_1587820424343.jpg

FB_IMG_1541776381453.jpg

Thats not a nova its a duster:rofl:

Are you all blind:lol:
Well.....
You're half right and you don't know how close it came to being a Duster. (Sort of)
There was talk about putting a good running 340 and 727 in it that George has awhile ago but it was agreed that a 350 (any 350) is a superior engine in all ways, so that idea was scrapped by George.
Thank goodness for that.....

-
Back